3

y/n POV

A few months has passed since the beginning of school. It's been harder and harder for me to hide the face that I am a girl. Luckily winter came, and I could wear thicker clothing and overalls to cover my curves and growing bosom. My hair also grew out, but it wasn't so long that I would look like a girl. Gilbert, Cole and  I were the power buds of the whole school (which was only 50 kids). All the girls giggled as we passed. At first it made me uncomfortable, but they didn't know I was a girl so I understood. Every lunch, Cole would leave Gilbert and me to sit with the girls. We sat in our respective seats as class went by. I started noticing a different relationship between Prissy and Mr. Phillips. I suppressed the urge to giggle at that though, my laugh coming out like a gurgled cough. Gilbert looked at me concerned, causing me to laugh. Even though I don't talk with the girls as much as I'd like, Cole seems in touch with is feminine side. One day during lunch, I quickly snatched Cole from the girls for a few minutes. I brought him to the back of the school house and sat him down on a rock. 

"Cole Mackenzie. I need to ask you a question" I said, pacing around him. 

"y-yes?" He asked

"Please don't get mad. But I've noticed you looking at all of the boys" I said

"I mean, they are my classmates"

"I mean how a girl would look at them" I said. 

"I- well-"

"Cole, it's alright! I've had a feeling you like boys for a while. I have a secret to share as well, but you can't tell anyone!" I said. 

"O-okay" He said, looking down. 

"I'm a girl" I said. I let out a breath, relieved that I could let the secret out. 

"What?!" He said, standing up. 

"Have you noticed every month I become moodier than usual? Have you noticed I've started wearing larger clothes to cover my curves?" I asked. 

"Oh my goodness! You are a g-" he stopped when I shoved my hands to his mouth. I shushed him, and I heard footsteps and laughter. I crouched down, and pulled him with me. I shoved a stick in his hands too, and drew random scribbles in the snow. 

"Is this how you do it?" I asked out of the blue, doing random strokes in the dirt. 

"Oi, Tommy? What are you and doodle boy doing behind school?" I heard an arrogant voice call out. 

"Oh, hi darling! Cole here was teaching me how to draw!" I said, using his pet name that annoys him so much. 

"Stop calling me that! It's weird!" He shouted. 

"Why? I thought you like it, darling" I said once more. 

"I SAID STOP IT!" He roared, walking up to me and grabbing my collar. 

"Let go of me Billy! Or do you enjoy being in close proximity of me" I teased. He shouted in anger and embarrassment. Over the few months he has grown bigger and buffer. He tossed me into one of the bushes, tearing my shirt. I let out a cry of pain, but then started laughing. 

"Darling! Come help your dear friend up and out of the bush" I said, smiling through the pain. 

"No! Leave me alone!" He shouted at me, his face red from anger I assume. 

"You always come up to me! Are you sure you're not in love with me?" I asked,  standing up out of the bush. He huffed in anger and turned around, marching back into the house. I picked out some twigs out of my hair, and felt a stinging sensation in the cool air. I looked to my side and sure enough, there was a cut. I touched it, but gasped at the sting from the cold and pain. I walked back, hiding my side. Cole noticed my awkward limp and assisted me inside.