6

y/n POV

Another month passed and it was winter time, and I've been getting letters from Gilbert. I snort at his silliness, but am enchanted by his description of Trinidad. Of course I've been there too, but it seems so much prettier when he wrote it in the letter. He then brought me the shocking news that he'd be traveling back and will be going to school in a week or 2. I danced around my room happily and got ready for school. My hair grew long, so I cut it a little. I still wanted to keep it long so because I was planning to reveal my true identity. I got to school, still clutching the letter so I could show Anne, Diana and Cole. 

"Ladies, good day" I said grinning at them. 

"y/- Tommy! How are you on this fine day" Anne asked. 

"I'm doing sensationally" I said using one of the big words Anne taught me. 

"Girls! Look at the letter Gil sent!" I whispered. 

"he wrote to you?!" Anne asked shocked. 

"yeah, he said he's coming back in a week or 2!" I said excitedly. 

I stood up and suppressed the urge to squeal like a little girl. After I revealed my secret to Anne and Diana, my femininity has started coming through a lot more. Luckily everyone was too dense to notice. Anne, Cole Diana and I broke off from the rest of the girls, but occasionally ate lunch with them. It was also a time when I could act like a girl around them. They could use my name freely without me having to hide it. 

"So, y/n! are you going to hide your real self even after Gilbert comes home?" Diana asks. 

"Yeah, probably. I want everyone to be there when I tell them I'm a girl" I sighed, leaning against a great oak tree. 

"Will you tell him you like him?" Cole asked. 

"Of course not! If I tell Gilbert I fancy him, he'll think I've gone mad! Especially because I've been his friend as a boy" I said pouting, but also contemplating. 

"I see, well I hope you the best of luck with the whole 'I'm a girl' thing" Anne giggles. 

"Why thank you, Anne with an E" I said bowing my head slightly. 

Throughout lunch, I had Cole sketch me but he didn't want to give it to me until he thought it was perfect. I waited and waited. 1 and a half weeks passed and still, Cole wasn't finished. I groaned and leaned onto him whining. 

"When are you doneeee" 

"Almost! You have to be patient!" Cole snapped back lifting his sketch book out of reach. I slumped back down into my chair and crossed my arms pouting. Mr. Phillips then walked in. He strutted to the front, and told us to get our slate out. 

"We will be working on angles and finding the area of different types of triangles" He droned. I groaned and pulled my slate out. 

"Mr Roberts. You seem awfully upset about this subject? Care to explain?" he asked turning around. 

"Well, I was wondering if you had a better way, a more fun way, of teaching to find the area of a triangle" I said standing up. 

"You dare accuse me of teaching poorly?" He asked stepping closer to me. 

"No. I was just saying if you engaged us, if you made it more of a game than a lecture... we could learn better" I said shuffling in my seat. 

"This is school, not a playground. You are all here in my class to learn, not to play" he hissed. I sighed, which wasn't the best thing to do.