"Back in Black"

Y/N POV

It's been a week and and a half with my boot on and the doctor told me to come in to see if I could get it off in two weeks instead of three. We were on our way to the doctors and my leg was bouncing anxiously. I'm really nervous to see what they say. I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but I don't think it's working. My ankle feels fine, so I'm already pretty hopeful. We arrived at the doctors office and she had me sit on the table before taking off my boot. "Does this hurt?" She asked as she bent it around and poked it. I answered no to all of them. "Well, if it isn't sore at all, I don't see why we have to wait 3 weeks. Just wear it for 2 more days and then you can take it off," she told me with a smile. "Yes!" I exclaimed as we got to the car. "I'll have to train extra hard to catch up, but I can't wait," I told Mom. "Just be careful, ok?" she asked me. "I promise," I told her.  We got home and Miguel greeted me at the door. "So, how'd it go?" He asked anxiously. I can't tell who's more excited, me or him. "I get to take it off in two days!" I exclaimed. "Yes! That's awesome," he said hugging me tight. I chuckle as we pull away from the hug. I can't wait to get back to karate.

Finally, two days passes and it's time for my first karate practice. Hawk, Aisha, Bert, and I were standing in front of the two guys from the other day. "What do you think? Shithead on and Shithead two?" Hawk asks. "I was thinking more Mary-Kate and Asshat," Aisha says. Hawk laughs and I just say with a slight smile, "Hey you two, be nice. Please?" Hawk just throws his arm over my shoulders and pulls me close saying, "Oh come on, we were just messing with them Princess." I just roll my eyes at him, but can't help the smile that creeps onto my face. "Well, I'm Chris-" The tall boy tells us before Hawk cuts him off. "Did I say you could speak?" Hawk exclaims. Miguel then walks up next to them and says, "Guys, look, they're just messing with you. Besides, everyone knows your names Assface and Douchebag." We laugh at Miguel's comment, but the new guys don't seem that amused. We were just standing around talking when the bell rings and someone knew comes into the dojo. He's an older guy with a green jacket and a matching dufflebag. He stops when he sees the kids and says, "Jesus Christ." "Who's that?" Hawk asks quietly. "I don't know," Miguel answers back. The guy walks over to Miguel and stops when Miguel asks, "Hey, uh, can I help you sir?" The guy simply replies, "No. But mayb I can help you." Hawk and I, who were watching the whole situation glance at each other confusedly. Before either of us could say anything Sensei comes out of his office and says, "Hey, what the hell is wrong with you? I said tomorrow." The guy answers, "Oh. Tomorrow, today... Who can keep track, huh?" Sensei simply sighs and walks away. 

Sensei walks to the front of the room and clears his throat before saying, "Class, we have a visitor. This is Mr. Kreese. He's just an observer. Pretend like he's not even here." He then calls up Miguel saying, "Mr. Diaz, warm them up." Finally this is what I've been itching to get back to for two weeks. Miguel walks to the front of the room and bowing to us. We bow back before Miguel says, "Fighting positions!" Miguel calls out different commands as we do the moves. He then calls out "side dab," to which we all dab and laugh with each other. "What the hell was that?" Sensei asks sounding angry. "We were just messing around. We have 11 and a half months until the next All Valley," Miguel starts before Hawk butts in. "Yeah, besides, we already know how to kick ass," He says. Everyone chuckles before Sensei says, "Oh, yeah, really, huh? So, you know everything. There's nothing left to learn, huh?" Aisha starts laughing and a few other kids smile. I know that it' because of the joke, but now is not a good time. Sensei walks over to her and asks, "What's so funny, Miss Robinson?" She answers, "I'm sorry Sensei. You just wouldn't understand." Sensei, not having any of it continues, "Try me." "It's a snake-do," she says as everyone starts trying to contain their laughter. Sensei glances around before he asks, "What's a snake-do?" We all wave our hands around in a slithering motion and hiss as we laugh before Sensei yells, "Quiet!" We all stop immediatley and straighten up. "5 a.m. tomorrow morning. Corner of Fulton and Raymer. You don't show, and you're off the team. Classed dismissed," He tells us before walking back into his office. We all pack up and head home. I wonder what Sensei has planned for us.