"Aftermath"

Y/N POV

It had been 2 weeks since the fight. I have been sitting in my room and doing nothing but laying in bed and crying. I still haven't been back to school, I'm taking some time off because I'm not ready to go back. My twin brother, the person that I have had my entire life, might die and I can't do anything about it. Hawk has come to check on me a few times and has let me lay with him and comforted me. Considering the circumstances, it was nice to have something that feels almost normal. My scars are starting to heal, but every time I look at them my heart rate spikes even if it's just for a second.

I am visiting Miguel at the hospital today. Even if he isn't awake, the doctors say he can hear us. I am trying to believe that, but every time we do he never wakes up. Mom, Yaya, and I were standing next to Miguel's bed. He was laying in his bed, the same as usual. It hurts every time I see him, because for the first time in a long time he looks so helpless. "Miggy. It's mama. I love you so much, my baby. Please come back to us. We're right here. I hope you can hear me mijo," Mom tells him in a shaky voice. "He can. Just remind him you're here. Talk about things he loves," the nurse tells us. Abuela leans forward and tells him in Spanish, "Hey, Miguel. I think the Dodgers are gonna make the playoffs. Even though I guess they'll screw it up as usual." We gave a light laugh as Abuela kisses his hand. "I love you," she says. "We love you Miggy," Mom tells him. "We'll let you talk to him," Mom tells me. I nod as they leave the room. "Hey Miguel, the doctors say you can hear me, so I'm gonna regret saying this. But I actually miss your constant harassment. It's just so quiet without you around.I um...I miss you. J-Just please wake up soon, I can't live without you." The tears that were threatening to fall finally came. I laid the side of my head on his arm and cried.

The day was as bland as usual. I laid in bed, cried, nothing that I haven't been doing for the past 2 weeks. That was until Mom came rushing through the door of my room. I sat up in my bed and as she looked at me with wide eyes. Then, she said the only two words I've been wanting to hear for two weeks. "He's awake."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note

Ending my first one back on a cliff hanger! I have really missed this. I know that it was a short chapter, but nothing that really involved the reader took place in this story except for visiting Miguel. So, there you have it. I am going to try and update every Monday and Friday, but we'll see because the only days I'm actually home are Monday and Friday. Let me know if you liked this chapter.