"How You're Gonna Pay"

Y/N POV

After the fiasco with Johnny, I had gone home. It had been an emotionally draining day and what I needed was to sleep. 

Small time jump

Mom was doing everything she could to find a treatment for Miguel. I couldn't blame her really. I wanted Miguel to be okay too, but the reality is...that we don't know if he'll walk again. Which unfortunately, was a reality that was starting to sink in for me. Although, I have to give her some credit. She found a doctor from out of state who is supposed to be a miracle worker. Miguel now has a surgery scheduled for Friday. 

It was another boring day at home, too quiet without Miguel here. I was changing into my clothes for the day when I heard my door opened. I assumed it was my Mom or Grandma and didn't really think to cover myself because my back was to the door. It's a good thing I had my bra and pants on already, cause when I turned around fully to face the door I froze. There stood a smirking Hawk, who scanned me up and down. "Damn. I gotta come over more often," was his response. I hurriedly pulled him in and shut the door behind me. "My Mom could have heard you!" I whisper yell. When he didn't respond, too preoccupied with the view, I groaned and hurriedly put on a shirt and asked, "Enjoy the show?" He shrugged and pulled me against him, my hands immediately landing on his shoulders. "I would have liked it better if the clothes were coming off." I pushed him away with a glare, but couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips. "So, why are you here anyways?" I asked him. "I thought I'd pick you up and we could go see Miguel and maybe get something to eat after," he said. He always tries to put up this tough exterior, but he's really a considerate person and boyfriend. Something that makes me love him even more.

Love? Did I just say I love him? I don't know how I feel! Obviously I care about him very much, but love?!?! I don't know if what I'm feeling is love. 

"Hey, you okay?" He asked, a slight bit of concern on my face. I shook my head and put on a smile, "Yeah, I'm good. Let's go?" I held out my hand for him, which he took and I said bye to my Mom and Grandma on the way out and we drove to the hospital.

By now, they know my whole family by name and they instantly gave me the okay to go see him. We walked down the hall, me showing him the way to his room having memorized the route. "El Serpiente!" Hawk starts, but then we see Sam standing next to Miguel's bed. We stare at her in...confusion? I don't know if that's the right word. I didn't quite understand why she was here. What happened wasn't her fault, but I didn't think she'd be able to come see Miguel. In her position, I don't know if I could. She turned back to Miguel and said a quick goodbye and turned to leave, me walking in and taking her place. I smiled a small smile at Miguel and asked, "So, how's it been today?" That was my alternative to the 'how are you?' Obviously, it sucks being in his state, so what's the point of asking such a loaded question? "The same," was all he said. Then Hawk joined us and put an arm around my shoulders. "Hey bro. What's up man? You good? I like the spot," Hawk said and they did their weird bro handshake that I never understood why guys did it. Miguel chuckled at that and we continued our lighthearted conversations. 

After about 20 minutes, I excused myself to use the bathroom. I came back, not even 5 minutes later, and Miguel looked...absolutely horrified. I give a confused look and ask, "What? What'd I miss?" Hawk and Miguel looked at each other and then glanced at me. Miguel looked horrified and Hawk looked...like he was ready to bolt at any second. "He saw you naked?!?!" Miguel asks. "What?!?! No!" I say. I think for a moment and then realize that Hawk told him about what happened this morning. A death glare forms on my face and I slowly turn to look at him. He holds eye contact for a millisecond before sprinting out the door and down the hallway. I look back at Miguel and hurriedly tried to explain myself. "He showed up at home this morning and didn't knock on my door! I had my pants and bra on, he saw nothing!" I told him. He literally sighed in relief and fell back onto his bed. "If he brought you here, then I think your ride just left," Miguel said sarcastically. "Please, he knows that if he leaves me here I'll kill him," I answer. We chuckle and I ask slyly, "Sooooo...what did he say?" "Uhhhhh...he said..." he mumbled something I didn't quite catch. "What did he say?" I continued. "He said...That...you had...nice....boobs," he said rather reluctantly. I sighed and facepalmed, hiding my smile. "Don't tell mom. Please," I said. He nodded, knowing about the unspoken twin code. I smiled and hugged him and said I'd see him later and to text or call me if he needed me.

I walked to Hawk's car and opened the door and sat down. Hawk looked scared shitless and I kept my expressionless look. "Soooo, you want burgers or..." he started. "You told my brother I have nice boobs," I stated. "Uhhhhh-" I cut him off. "Thanks...and yes, burgers sound great." I smiled over at him, letting him know that we were good. He sighed in relief and leaned against his seat. "I'm so glad your not mad, I didn't mean to say it," he said. I took his right hand in mine and kissed them lightly. Unbeknownst to me, he smiled lovingly at me before starting the car and driving to the burger place we were going. 

Third Person POV

At that moment, Hawk knew...He loved Y/N Diaz with his whole being and nothing would ever change that. 

Y/N POV

After lunch with Hawk, I went home for while before we all went to the hospital. We did not expect to see Johnny Lawrence there, and making a donation for Miguel's surgery. He turned to face us and said, "Hey. I'm leaving." A nurse came up to us before she could respond. "Ms. Diaz, Miguel's surgeon just arrived from the airport. She has a few questions." She nodded and looked back and Johnny and for the first time since Miguel's accident she thanked him. He was about to leave, when Grandma stopped him, "Miguel needs you. Y/N needs you. Please come pray with us." He agreed and we led him over to Mom to pray with us. You know, maybe everything will work out after all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers! 

I am going to be completely honest with you. I don't really like Hawk anymore. I know, quite tragic, but I have moved on to better men. I will continue this story, but I can not promise any regular updates. I have other stories and other ideas that I would love to pursue, but I have so many unfinished books that I need to complete. With that being said, I won't start a new book until all of my current ones are finished. I hope you understand! See you next chapter lovely readers!