"The Moment of Truth"

Y/N POV

We were lined up in the dojo and Mr. Kreese was talking to us about his Military experiences. "You gotta understand that Mogadishu in the 90's was a hellhole. Warlords controlled whole swaths of the city. My team and I were charged with cleaning the place up," He told Hawk, Aisha, and I. "How many warlords did you kill?" Hawk asked. "You keep track of every ant you stomp on?" Kreese answers. "Whoa," Aisha says quietly. Hawk simply says with a smirk, "Badass." He continues with his story, "They were out gunned, we were out manned. I tell you...Rwanda was no joke." Miguel stands up from behind him and asks, "Don't you mean Somalia? Mogadishu is in Somalia, Rwanda's a whole different country." Hawk, Aisha, and I glance at each other before Mr. Kreese says, "Of course, Somalia. I've spent so much time in the sandbox, it all kind of bleeds together, you know?" We nod in agreement before Sensei comes out of the back room saying, "Listen up! I see we've got some new recruits. Everybody, fall in. In neat rows and lines. Time to see what you're made of." He then begins walking down the rows and correcting people's forms. "Straighten up ginger twins," he tells two boys. He then spots someone out of the corner of his eye and walks over to him. "Sorry, parents can't stay for class. It's an insurance thing," he tells the man. "I'm not a dad. I...I am here to kick some ass, sir!" He tells Sensei. At this point we're all turned to look at the interaction. "Do I know you from somewhere?" Sensei asks him. "Oh, yeah, the, um...I sold you the mirror. We kinda bonded, talked about rock bands," The guy tells him. Sensei just sighs and says, "Look, you're a little old. This class is for teenagers." The guy answers quietly, "Well, I...I can take them. I'm not afraid of kids, sir. And my Mom, she doesn't charge me rent, so I just...I got a lot of cash to burn." He pulls out a dollar and Sensei grabs it and says, "We'll consider this a trial run." He walks back up to the front and begins saying, "I thought my last group of recruits was pathetic. But if you do what I tell you to do, you'll at least have a chance of becoming a fighter. But to do that, you gotta fight. So, which one of you has the balls to take on the champ?" Everyone starts muttering to each other and no one speaks up for a few moments. "I'll take him on," A girl in the back says. We all turn to look at the girl. She's tall with half blonde, messy hair. Sensei asks, "Oh, you will, huh?" She continues with her confident tone, "I saw your little demo at Valley Fest. You guys can put on a show. Can you actually fight?" I like her already. "That sounds like a challenge," Sensei says. "I like a challenge," she answers. Sensei nods and turns around calling, "Mr. Diaz, show Little Miss Hotshot here what Cobra Kai is all about." Miguel bows and walks to the center of the mat as everyone moves out of the way. He sighs and asks, "Look, are you sure you wanna do-" But he gets cut off by the girl kicking him in the stomach. He smirks and says, "All right. Game on." She begins throwing punches at him and he dodges every one. "Close the gap," He says. She runs up to him and tries to kick him, but he is to fast and grabs her legs and making her drop onto the mat. She rolls backwards and gets up going at him again. This time Miguel is blocking all of them and says, "You're telegraphing. Don't let me see it coming." She gets back up and tackles him to floor before standing up and asking, "Did you see that coming?" He responds with twisting her legs out from under her and she falls back onto the mat with a grunt. "Maybe," he says hopping up and offering her a hand. "My name's Miguel," He says. "Tory," she answers grabbing his arm and flipping him over her back, "With a 'y'."

Later that day, Aisha and I were at the mini-mart when she got a text from her Mom. she groans and I here Tory ask from behind me, "Let me guess. D*ck pic?" We chuckle and Aisha answers, "No. My mom wants me to go to the beach club with her." I roll my eyes playfully at her as Tory says, "Oh my God, that sounds so miserable." Aisha then tells her, "No. It's just...this girl Sam's probably gonna be there, and she and I are not on good terms. Whatever, I'm Aisha, by the way." "I'my/n, Miguel's twin sister," I tell her with a smile. "Tory," she answers with a small smile. "Hey, that's a cool bracelet," Aisha says. I look down at her wrist and see a white leather bracelet with metal spikes on it. "Yeah, that's pretty awesome," I add. She holds up her wrist and says, "Oh, this? It's not just for show. Some creepy guy tried to grab me at the mall once, but I managed to block him and give him a gift he won't ever forget." "Oh. Wow. You seem like you already know how to kick ass pretty well. What do you need Cobra Kai for?" I ask. "I've had a couple kick boxing lessons, but I've always wanted to smash boards blindfolded. And kick five guys asses at once," she tells us. "Oh, you saw that," Aisha says with a chuckle. "Mm-hmm," She says with a nod. "The secret is to poke little holes in the blindfolds," she tells Tory. Tory laughs softly and says, "Mm. Cool." She starts walking away before Aisha asks us, "Hey. You guys wouldn't wanna go to the beach with me, would you? It'd be nice to have some backup." "Guess I could suffer through a day at the beach," Tory answers. I nod with a smile and add, "Totally."

I went home and got my bathing suit grabbed my bag with my essentials and went to the beach with Aisha and Tory. "Ok, this is not the beach. Where are all the homeless dudes on rollerblades and the guys shoving shitty hip-hop demos in your face?" Tory asks. I nod in agreement, having never been to the beach club. Aisha just laughs at our surprised faces and says, "No, don't worry. They'll come after they pass out the hors d'oeuvres." Aisha went to go get food at the bar and I glanced over to see her talking to Sam. They seemed to be laughing and not fighting. I cringe a bit and look away. "What's wrong?" Tory asks me. I sigh and shake my head before answering, "That girl talking to Aisha, that's Sam. My brother's been really hung up on her since she broke up with him. Thing is, she brought another guy to a party and Miguel was drunk and going to punch him, but Sam stepped in the way and he hit her instead. Then, she wouldn't let him explain his side of the story. I didn't really like her that much in the first place, but I was trying to support Miguel. I wish I would have said something before she did that." "Wow, what an asshole," Tory says. I chuckle and nod before saying, "Miguel still likes her though, so don't tell him I said any of that." She holds her pinkie finger out and I latch mine onto hers as she says, "Promise." We laugh and walk down to Aisha and Sam. "Heyyyy, look what I got," Tory says pulling a bottle of Vodka out of her bag. "Where'd you get that? I was with you the whole time," I ask in disbelief. "I swiped it from the bar," she simply answers. When Aisha glances at Sam and me Tory tells her, "Oh, relax. All the adults are getting wasted. No one's gonna notice if we have a little fun." Sam still looks skeptical and says, "You should put that back. You'll get into big trouble." Tory scoffs and asks sarcastically, "And you are?" Aisha says, "Oh, Sam, this is Tory. Tory, Sam." Tory continues, "Oh, the Sam. Come on, like anyone's gonna miss one bottle of vodka. I could swipe half the silverware in this place before anyone would notice." "You shouldn't steal anything," Sam tells her. "What are you, a nun? Come on, are we gonna drink or not?" Tory asks Aisha and I. I nod as Aisha glances between Sam and us before giving in. "Ok, one drink," She says before getting up and walking with us. "That's my girl," Tory squeals. 

We were just walking around and hanging out together at the beach club. We had been having a great time so far and Aisha was telling Tory about what she did to Yasmine. "Wait, I'm sorry, you gave her a front wedgie?" Tory asks. I laugh and say, "Yeah, it was hilarious." "I split that bitch in two," Aisha adds. "Oh my God," Tory says. We all laugh until we hear a voice say from behind us, "Hey!" We turn around to see Sam looking angrily at us. "My Mom's missing her wallet," she says. "Sucks for her," Tory says. We all chuckle at this until Sam asks, "You wouldn't know anything about that?" I glare at her. How could she accuse Tory of that? "Wait. Wait, what are you saying?" Aisha asks her. Sam doesn't answer her and continues, "Just give me the wallet, and I won't tell security." Tory scoffs and asks, "Are you freaking kidding me?" Aisha is quick to defend Tory saying, "Sam, she didn't steal your Mom's wallet." She just scoffs and says, "Right. And she didn't steal a bottle of vodka, and you wouldn't steal half the silverware in here." Tory finally tells Sam off, "Listen, I didn't rob your Mom, bitch. Let's get out of here." Sam reaches out and grabs Tory's bag, but Tory spins around and pushes Sam yelling, "Get off of me!" Sam stumbles backwards and falls on a food table, getting food all over herself. Tory walks off and I glance at Sam before following Tory. I don't say anything, I just reach my hand out and she high fives it and we walk out and wait for Aisha.

A few days later, we were in training and Sensei was explaining the back thrust kick. "The back thrust kick works like this. You step, pivot...throw a side kick," he explains while doing a demonstration. "What if your opponent attacks you from behind?" Hawk asks. "Excellent question," Sensei tells Hawk. He hesitates before turning to Kreese and asking, "Sensei Kreese, you wanna take this one?" "Certainly, Sensei Lawrence," He answers. We all smile and nod at him. He walks to the front and tells us, "The key to this move is making your enemy think you are retreating. But just as they let their guard down, that's when you strike the hardest." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Hey readers! I know we didn't really have any Hawk x Reader in this chapter, but it's important to the story, and there's going to be a lot of drama in the next chapter. As always, let me know what you guys would like to see!