Chapter 4

{Anaya}

I sat in the passenger seat just thinking. Yup, that's how the night went. You don't believe me?, just ask the limp in my walk.

That's how it happened, I lost what was so precious to me. My innocents, by the guy I swore to myself to never speak to again.

Nike hit the gas as he continued driving.
'Buzz'. My phone rung as a call came through. 'Baby💛' it read.

"Hello" I quickly answered the phone.

"Where you at? You still ain't home yet?" Monty got straight to the point. I turned down the sound with the side button on my phone, so only I was listening.

"I'm on my way home now" I said back, giving simple answers.
The conversation went quiet for a while, before getting a reply.

"Slide over the crib first, I'll drop you back home" he said. I could tell he was pissed by the sound of his voice. Without wanting to argue, I just agreed.

I showed Nike the new location, and on he went. Monty's crib wasn't far from where I stayed so Nike was going that way either way, basically me changing up the plans wasn't a big deal to him.

We arrived not too long later.
"We've made it to our destination" Nike joked. I smiled, opening up the car door.

"Wait, ion get no goodbye kiss?" Nike asked. He talked in a sexy tone, but I knew he was joking.

'I HAVE A BOYFRIEND' is what I wanted to scream, but it was a little too late to pull that card now.
I took a deep breath in, exhaling.
"I gotta go Nike" I said. He nodded his head.

"Have a good night" Nike wished.
"You too" I replied before shutting the heavy car door, walking away.

Red flags instantly shot off as I stepped up to the front door. I waited for Nike to pull off before inserting my key, turning the knob, walking in.
It was quite inside, I knew he was home still up because the lights were still on shining bright.

"Babe?" I called out for him. No response.

I walked through the house, hitting up the kitchen first. There he was, he stood tall, Hennessy bottle clutched in his left hand. I thought he quit drinking?

"You ain't hear me calling you?" I continued into the kitchen. He looked up to me with blood shot red eyes, he put the bottle down just gazing over at me.
"Hello?" I snatched the bottle from his hand, waving mine in his face. He didn't even flinch. This side of Monty scared me, when he's drinking you never really know what side of Monty your going to get.

"Im not about to play these games with you right now Monty" I spoke. Without saying a word, his hand lifted scolding the side of my face. Shock took over my body as I held the side of my face. I had dropped the bottle in disbelief. Monty has never placed a finger on me in that typa way, I really didn't wanna come to terms with what just happened.

"Where the fuck have you been? And what friend you been out this late with?".
To add onto the mess, he grabbed me by my face getting up in it.
His breath smelled strong of alcohol, his attitude was stank, he just wasn't the Monty I fell in love with, at the moment.

"Babe, move" I struggled to loosen his grip.
"Where the fuck your been, huh?" He asked, repeating himself.

Thinking of a quick lie, I answered.
"I was out with a homegirl. We went back to her place and I guess we lost track of time, we were just catching up on lost times".
Lying to him, knowing what I did tonight, how I betrayed our loyalty. I felt bad.