Chapter 13

{Anaya}

I held the positive pregnancy test in my hand. Ashley stood behind me in shock, "Nike?" She asked me, mumbling underneath her breath.

"Yes" I mumbled back.

Surprisingly to me, shock rushed over her face. "No, no, no, Anaya" she spoke up , she chocked over her words as they flowed out.

"Don't do that" I said, my heart start to beat like a drum. This was not the reaction I was expecting to get out of Ashley about this, she was always super supportive helping through my fuck ups in life.

"Anaya if you think I'm playing I'm not, this is serious. You have too much going with your life, why would you want to waste it on getting pregnant and having another baby?" Ash said keeping it real with me for once. Ashley looked different when she was serious, that's why I never liked taking her to that place.

Shes a playful person on a regular, so knowing her and then seeing when she's mad or serious is scary.

"Huh?" I asked her. Was she coming at me? Was she tryna be funny? Everybody that knows me know I strongly dislike folks that try to be funny all the damn time, with shit they know is gonna hurt you.
"Look Anaya" Ashley started off.
"I love you boo, and I really do want the best for you! And you already known imma be there for you through sickness and health, hard times and more. But you have to stop thinking like a child and more like an adult now, you should've been doing that once you found out you were pregnant with Messiah" she continues.

I nodded understanding everything she meant.

She looked my way. I placed the tests down onto my dresser, trying not to make eye contact, but what she was saying was correct.

"I'm not trying to yell or fuss, but if that's the only thing that gets the point across, then imma do as so." She started to talk again.
"Anaya, you have another child on the way already and you haven't even finished raising the first one. Girl, you haven't even graduated from school yet, and not trying to talk down on you because this isn't anything to feel bad about, but I know damn well your not making enough at your job to take care of a 3 year old and a newborn, and finish school all at once. Right now messiah should be your main priority" Ashley finished off.

"I understand" I told her, and I truly did.
At this point going through with an abortion was the only choice that sounded the best right now. Once again I would be going through this alone, I just couldn't, not again.

I've been putting off telling Ashley for weeks now because I didn't want her to pressure me about keeping the baby, but she's doing the complete opposite.
She doesn't seem that much on bored as well as I am. I just needed to get it off my chest as well, but I damn sure was not ready to tell either of the big dawgs yet, my Momma and Daddy.

"Does Monty know?" Ashley asked me still staring down at the positive tests.
I looked up at her with at pouty face, "No" I replied.
"He's gonna find out eventually" I spoke, not proud of my decisions.

"Boo, you know you can't be mad at him for long if you were sleeping in your own dirty laundry" she spoke some facts once again, but i didn't want to believe i was wrong.

"I know Ash, but he slept with that bitch in the same bed me and my child sleep in at night. The same bitch I was told not to worry about" i replied, that's some trifling shit. And at that tried to hide it and lie to me!
"Who side are you you on?" I asked Ashley, crossing my arms together.

"The right one".
She rolled her eyes, twirling her head in a circle.
I snatched up the tests, throwing them in my top drawer and closing it back.