six | james will be james

"NOW I'VE GOT to spend the day by myself because you're falling for someone who isn't Evans?" Sirius questions dramatically, earning an eye roll from James.

"You've got my mum and dad to keep you company." James says, waving a hand towards Sirius dismissively.

"I didn't think there would ever be anyone other than Evans."

James shrugs his shoulders, the image of Juliet Snow stuck in his mind as the clock gets closer and closer to noon.

"Life can be surprising in that way, Pads."

Sirius quirks an eyebrow at James, before choosing to speak up again.

"What happens when we've got to go back to school, and then fight in a war afterwards?"

James shoots his head up quickly towards Sirius and glares, not wanting to think about that part yet.

"It's just a day in the park together."

"You look at her the way you look at Lily, James, and you haven't even spent more than one hour with her yet."

"Just because she's a muggle, doesn't mean that if we just so happen to like each other we can't be together.  I don't care about that stuff."

"And I love that about you, but you've got to be smart about this.  Not just for yourself, but for Juliet as well," Sirius states.  James tilts his head in confusion.  "If Juliet is important to you, she can be used against you.  She's got no way to protect herself the ways that we do, Prongs."

James swallows hard, not liking the idea of this girl he barely knows, yet somehow cares so much for already, being in trouble.  He stands up from his place on his bed and leaves his room, as well as Sirius, behind, wanting to clear his thoughts before going to see Juliet.

Sirius doesn't bother to follow, knowing that James hates hearing the truth, and was in no mood for an argument. 

James will be James, Sirius thinks with a sigh.  The shining star of Gryffindor loves too much and too hard, and nearly always ends up hurt in the end.

HOPE YA ENJOYEDDD

gia