seven | curious about you

THE AFTERNOON WENT better than both James and Juliet could have ever imagined. Juliet was ecstatic about her time spent with the boy with untidy hair and a goofy smile that made her stomach flutter. James, however, was now having second thoughts about spending time with Juliet.

The afternoon was perfect, and James loved every second of it. He loved the way that Juliet had smiled and waved to him when she spotted him from across the street. He loved how highly Juliet spoke of her family and friends, loved how she seemed to have so many hobbies she herself began to lose count and get red in the face trying to regain her thoughts.

It was so perfect that he absolutely hated it, because this meant that Sirius was right. James was dragging Juliet into this world that was currently filled with war and loss, and the idea of Juliet being unsafe made James' stomach turn with dread.

But he couldn't help it, because everything about Juliet also made his heart feel warm, and he wanted to learn as much about her as he possibly could.

So of course he had asked to see her again, and of course Juliet had said yes, because she felt the same way about James. She loved his enthusiasm and his jokes, and his obliviousness towards common objects always caused her to giggle. He made her feel like summer itself - warm, happy, joyful.

And after the second day they spent together, they each insisted on a third, and then a fourth, and then a fifth and sixth.

Somehow, it just kept getting better and better.

Once the seventh day that they decided to spend together rolled around, nearly two weeks after their first, Juliet had officially dubbed it a date.

"So, does that make all our other days spent together a date?" James teases, grabbing a hold of Juliet's hand as they weaved in and out of the small crowds beginning to form in the streets.

"I'd say those were test trial dates, so this can be our first official date." Juliet smiles up towards James.

The sun was setting as the two sat at a small, outdoor restaurant. Neither of the two were all that hungry, so they ordered some pasta to split between the two of them.

James had his elbow propped up on the table, resting his head on his hand as he stared at Juliet. She narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously.

"You know you've got a staring problem, Potter."

James lets out a small laugh, though doesn't change his position. Juliet mimics his stance, earning a large smile from him.

"I'm so curious about you, Juliet Snow." James says, not daring to break eye contact with the beautifully mysterious girl in front of him.

"What are you so curious about?"

"Everything about you, really. You're beautiful, and funny, and fascinating, and I can't help but wonder who let me cross paths with you knowing that I would fall for you so quickly."

Juliet was thankful that the sun had finally set, meaning that James could not see the blush that had creeped upon her cheeks in the moonlight.

"I'm pretty curious about you as well, James Potter."

"How so? I'm an open book."

Juliet shakes her head in disagreement.

"Give me a random fun fact."

James smiles at this. "The first time we met, you said it was funny that your last name is Snow, considering that you don't like snow all that much. I, personally, love the snow. That makes you my Snow in Summer, my favorite part of the winter has joined me in the sun."

Juliet laughs and blushes at this, though doesn't let her thoughts wander far from what her initial meaning of being curious about James was.

"I'm flattered Potter, but that's not what I meant. You know a lot about me - where I'm from, where I go to school, a lot of my hobbies... but I don't really know any of that stuff about you."

hope ya enjoyed!

gia