thirteen | adore them, adore you

"I THINK I adore you." James says out of the blue on a sunny - yet windy - day. Juliet, her head in his lap, directs her attention away from his hands to his face. James was looking down at her already, the same goofy grin on his face just as always.

"I think I've adored you ever since I knocked that snow cone out of your hands." Juliet laughs softly, reaching her hand up to trace some of the features of James' face.

"Adore at first sight, huh?" James teases, before leaning down to place a short and sweet kiss on Juliet's lips.

James adored just about everything about Juliet. He noticed more of the little things as their days spent together passed. On her right cheek, her freckles form a makeshift heart, and when she laughs really hard, she clutches onto her stomach with one hand and places her other hand on James' arm or shoulder.

When she talks about her hobbies her eyes somehow seem to brighten and her hands move around as she explains them. And when she sketches, which she has been doing quite often now around James, she goes into such a deep focus that sometimes James thinks she forgets he is there.

James wouldn't wish for it any other way.

"Would you like to see the sketches I've been working on?" Juliet asks hopefully, her hand rested on James' cheek.

"I would love to." James smiles eagerly, watching as Juliet sits up and reaches for her notebook, flipping through pages until she finds what she was looking for.

"Here, look."

Juliet hands the notebook to James, and he immediately recognizes all of the sketches as himself.  He's always smiling, his hair is always sticking up in every which way, and his glasses are constantly a little crooked or falling down his nose.

James, in short, sees the best of himself in these sketches.  Juliet sees the best in him, and he lets out a loud laugh of joy due to this fact.  He crashes his lips onto Juliet's and kisses her deeply, passionately, never wanting to break away, until he realizes the two are in public.

The two pull away from each other, their faces in a mess of smiles and laughter.

"I'm guessing you like them?" Juliet laughs, messing up his hair a bit and looking at him with hopeful eyes.

"I adore them, Juliet.  I adore you."

hope ya enjoyed this chapter! we're nearing the end of snow in summer :/

gia