twelve | being a wizard

SUMMER WAS PASSING by faster than usual, James did not appreciate that one bit - not when the end of summer meant leaving Juliet behind. 

He didn't know what would come of them once September first would inevitably hit.  Would they simply say goodbye and call it quits?  Would they try to make it work and write to each other?  Would Juliet wait for James?

James pushed the thought aside, knowing the only real answer was to leave Juliet here and hope she wouldn't tell anyone his secret.  More than that, hope that she would be safe knowing his secret.

"Is Hogwarts the only wizard school in the world?" Juliet asks curiously one night, as the two lay in the grass at the park, gazing up at the sky filled with stars.

"Oh of course not, there's a few more.  One in France I think, one in America... Hogwarts is the best though, of course."

"Oh, of course, no questions about it." Juliet teases, before turning her head to her side to gaze at James.

James turns his head towards her, staring right back.

"Do you like being a wizard?"

"I do. Sometimes I think it would be easier to not be a wizard, but I am who I am." James shrugs.

"I think I wouldn't want to be a wizard," Juliet states, furrowing her eyebrows together.  "I've read the books and seen the movies.  Wizards go bad... evil.  I can't imagine an evil person having powers like yours.  I think I'd be too scared to ever face an evil wizard."

James stays silent for a moment.  If only Juliet knew that was exactly what was going on right now.  That is exactly why he thinks, sometimes, it would be easier to not be a wizard.  You Know Who would not be constantly in the back of his mind, all he would have to worry about is Juliet and how she wanted her coffee the next morning (as her preference was always changing).

"I don't think evil wizards would be a problem," James says, smiling.  "As long as there are good wizards, the bad ones don't stand a chance."

little does juliet know :o

gia