40. The Escape

The elf wouldn't speak. He was either silent, or screamed. I watched him cautiously.

"We have to get out!" Amanda said. "The aircraft must have landed on the ground just now! Can either of you guys use Earth-"

I showed her the small knife in my hands.

"Where did you get that?" Amanda asked me.

I made no response, and she looked at me for a while, as if contemplating. I could use magic to cut her ropes instead but a knife would be quicker and safer. It was silent for a while. I used the knife to cut away at the ropes binding Amanda. For a while, the only sound heard was that of severing rope.

"This much is enough." Amanda said quietly. I stopped sawing. There was still a good amount of rope left, but since she said so, I didn't doubt her. Since my hands were tied together it had taken a lot of effort to cut the ropes. I dropped the knife on the cell floor.

Amanda took a deep breath, and flexed.

The remnants of the rope burst apart as if it was made of silk fabric. I was surprised. I never knew that the girl was so strong. I held out my wrists so she could also let me free.

It took almost no time at all. She picked up the knife and cut through the rope. It dropped away from my wrists, and pieces of rope fragments were left on the floor. I turned my wrists around, inspecting the markings. It hurt.

Patrick was next. I let Amanda keep the knife, and we all stood up. Amanda's face was curious but determined.

I curled my lip at the cell. I motioned to Amanda. She looked at me, then at the metal pliers in my hands, visibly surprised. I took along a lot of experimental equipment, so this much was nothing.

She nodded in understanding.

"Take it." Amanda opened the jaws of the pliers and allowed them to firmly clamp down on the bars of the prison. She twisted them and clenched her teeth.

There was a clanging, cracking noise. The bars snapped off.

There was a large hole in the prison now.

Amanda hesitated. I pointed towards the elf. Who knows. He might be useful. The elf stared at me, and I stared back. For a moment, it was just quiet communication.

And we were all out.

The entire crew wasn't as excited as I thought they would be. Amanda and Patrick looked more dazed and confused than anything, and the elf was looking at me with clear eyes. Interesting eyes. They looked clever. Clean.

Amanda used her metal pliers to pry the metal lock on the door off its hinges. With a kick, the door opened.

It was loud. Dust flew everywhere.

We were now free again.

Now all that is left to do is to find the others.

----Patrick's POV----

Everything was weird, Patrick thought. From the beginning.

He was kidnapped. Having the element of light, just like in the game, Patrick had thought there would be nothing to worry about. He hadn't actually played all the endings- downloading the game had pretty much been an accident in the first place- but as a capture target, he was pretty sure his ending wouldn't be that bad.

He just had to ignore the heroine's advances, which was easy, they didn't even know each other that well before she moved away. He just had to live his life the way he wanted to. The. End.