41. Battle

----Talia's POV----

There was a sudden racket in the room, Talia sat up straighter, the chains behind her jangled. She immediately stood on alert.

A scuffled voice was heard, Talia pricked up her ears to catch onto the sound. It was large. It was the sound of something breaking. Something was different, something was changing, she felt.

There was the sound of hurried footsteps, and she braced herself. They were small, like the patter of raindrops down on the steel floor, but she couldn't just dismiss everything that easily. She shouldn't have accepted this job, she thought.

Then the door opened.

Talia saw her employer and a dark haired boy suddenly run into the room.

The dark haired boy's ears were fully revealed, he was an elf, Talia thought. Why was there an elf? Her employer was wearing a long haired black wig that he had pulled out from hell knows where, and he was dragging the elf by the wrist. As expected, the second prince was a complete enigma.

They were escaping. Bertam blubbered something incoherently. Talia glared at him. That bastard. If it wasn't for him they wouldn't have been in this situation in the first place.

She watched as her employer got to Bertram's cell- why was he let go first, she thought angrily- and told the elf to snap it apart. She looked on as the elf opened the jaws of the plier in his hands. He clenched down.

The bars were snapped off as if the elf was cutting rose vines. It was the chains next. They bound their hands, and were harder to sever, but the elf also cut through it skillfully with no hesitation. Talia guessed that Bertram had done something. She could see him move his hands.

After that was her. Talia fell to the ground weakly and pushed herself back up using her palms. The boy, the elf, stared at her for a couple of seconds. His eyes.

His eyes were different from her employer's, which were icy cold and unsettling like the devil's, this boy's eyes were stiff and clear, as if they were the eyes of a wiseman.

She huffed, and the boy looked away. Talia stood up.

The Asian looking man with black hair was the last to get free. Talia flexed and stretched for a moment and untied the gag around her mouth. Her jaws felt strange, and she closed and shut her mouth for a couple of seconds. They were very dry and flaky.

But she could deal with it. If she couldn't deal with this, then what was she.

Not Talia, that was for sure.

For Talia, the world was pretty simple. She knew her priorities.

She had to come back alive from this whole ordeal, and if possible, brain Bertram to death while she was at it. Protecting her employer was second. If she was dead, how would she ever enjoy the fruits of her labor?

If she wanted to live, she must escape.

Where the hell where they.

She opened the door, rushed out of the hall, and climbed the stairs to the lower floor. She ignored Elian and Bertram behind her. Men.

She rushed down the stairs, swung around.

"Slaves! The slaves are escaping! Ready the doors and block off the entrances!"

A voice was heard all around the place. This, Talia decided, this place didn't look like a magic car, carriage, or some hidden location. The floor under her feet was rocking back and forth, and though she hadn't noticed it before, now she was out of her cell and battle-ready, she noticed that the ground was moving, making it harder to maintain her balance.