1-5. Baby Life.

Life as a baby was pretty uneventful. It mainly consisted of sleeping, eating, and crying all day. I couldn't read, couldn't even stand up. I guessed around two to three months had passed, using the rise and fall of the sun and moon as a guide.

There were a lot of developments. I made a firm fist with my baby hands. One was that I could control my body now. My wet diaper couldn't be prevented yet, but my muscles were stronger and finer-tuned. I could stop my subconscious actions such as screaming and crying out.

I didn't have to cry if I didn't want to, and the happening where my instincts tried to take over my body never happened again. I had complete control. I could even open and shut my hands now. It all gave me a sense of relief compared to the pure helplessness of before. I was growing up.

My memory was clearer. Well, whether this was a good thing or not, that could be debated on, but it seemed like I had managed to keep all of my memories in these few months.

And I could see tinges of color now. Color and details. My hearing and sense of touch had been mastered since about a month ago, and now I was beginning to be able to see properly, too.

I felt something soft brush against my head, raising it. Another hand supported my body and lifted me into the air.

The Lady. I didn't know her real name, as I didn't know the language. I just called her the Lady. as respect for feeding me. Even if this was only her job, if it wasn't for her, I would be starving to death.

Her hair was brown and her eyes were also brown. It was rather a boring brown. There was a small spot on her left cheek. That was a typical European/American hair color, and she looked rather Western too. I cried out. It was morning.

The Lady said something in a sweet voice, just as she always did, and hummed softly as if singing a lullaby. My hands went around her breasts as I started to suck.

There was nothing embarrassing about this situation. It was better than starving. Milk was a baby's food, I persuaded myself. Besides, this was her job. Just think of this as a business transaction. She's probably getting paid for this.

I still felt uncomfortable in this position. Close to three months had passed, but I still felt awkward being breastfed and having my diapers changed. It was just bearable. Nothing more, nothing less.

The situation would have been easier to bear if I wasn't a boy, but rather, a girl, just like in my previous world. Only after a few weeks after my birth was I able to tilt my head down and look at my bottom, which had something sticking out of it. Honestly? It was tiny and I could hardly tell the difference it made.

Boy or girl, who cares.

The liquid tasted cloyingly sweet and watery, delicious. I kept wordlessly sucking.

Life was quiet and peaceful nowadays. The strange woman who tried to strangle me never came back to the crib, and I lived with the Lady and the maids. I mostly slept all of the time, I thought I would be bored, but not being awake meant I had little time to be bored. I didn't even dream.

After sucking, the Lady turned me over and patted me on the belly. I burped despite myself. She laughed. I was laid back on my bed, my head rested on the flat pillow that collected my spit and drool.

Nobody came over. I hoped I was wrong. I hoped the Lady was my mother, and the crazy lady was somebody else who wasn't related to me. I could still remember her eyes. They held a certain kind of desperation. Hate. Sadness. Emotions I couldn't understand. My head turned blank.

Now that all of my senses are fully mastered, the next growth stage of a baby should be walking and talking, I guessed. I didn't know a lot about being a baby, but I hoped that after around six months or so, I should be able to do these things. Hopefully. That long should be enough, right?

I worked on trying to support myself on my limbs a lot, anyway. I didn't make plans or anything, but whether I had free time (which was most of the day) I still tried to do some sort of exercise. I yawned. I wasn't actually making a lot of progress, which worried me. Whatever. I was a lazy prick.

I woke up to see a woman holding me in her arms. My eyes curled up in interest. It wasn't the Lady. It was a different woman, with strawberry blonde hair and dark blue eyes. She looked around twenty, and though the colors were a bit peculiar, her face looked rather plain and normal. Her eyes, though, seemed a lot younger than the rest of her. They sparkled, like the deep sea.

It had been a while since I had seen a new person. She smiled. And she said what I presumed was my name. φզҟçҽì× ƐӀìąղ. I didn't smile back.

My Lady was standing next to her and greeted the reddish-blonde woman, or I supposed she did. She said the same thing to me every morning.

The woman holding me in her arms seemed awkward somehow as if she wasn't used to it. Her arms hurt, not properly proportioning my weight. My head felt cramped. A small unhappy cry almost exited my mouth, oh yeah. It did exit my mouth. I still didn't have complete control over my body.

The woman's hands struggled to hold me up better. I closed my eyes again, hearing the conversation I couldn't understand over the two women over my crib, I wondered what was happening. Who were all these people I kept meeting and seeing?

My heart was naturally a little biased for the Lady who had taken care of me for such a long time. Was the new lady trying to snatch the Lady's role away from her? Was she my mother?

"ϚժҟӀʂմ."

I fell asleep in her arms and felt myself being rocked against the gentle light in the air.