9. The Heroine

An easter egg!

This was a chapter that was included in the first draft, however, I had to exclude it due to... complications. Anyway, I decided to include it here instead of deleting the whole thing. And since the heroine character is going to show up in the school arc later, just think of it as a glimpse of the future.

Hope you enjoy!

____The Heroine____

I woke up in a strange land, and the Goddess there told me I was getting reincarnated. Why, I asked. Where. I wasn't really thinking straight that time. I had no idea where I was, and it just wasn't right to kidnap an innocent person. I couldn't care less about a moody goddess. Well, maybe I was the moody one at that time.

But still, she should have a reason for suddenly reincarnating me, and I wasn't going there to find out I had to fight the demon king or risk my life for some kind of frisky business.

That always happens in the manga I like. That probably wasn't going to happen then. but well, never hurts to be prepared.

She told me it was all an accident, I wasn't meant to die. But I did. And now I was going to be reincarnated.

What a rubbish excuse. I could clearly sense something else. What goddess accidentally kills a person? How? And do they even allow them to talk to anyone in their world?

I tried to dry my tears. I couldn't cry. It was embarrassing and just disgusting to cry in public.

I heard more of what the goddess had to offer. She smiled delicately. I wrinkled my nose.

She was sending me to another world, and she told me I should be most familiar with it. I was going to be reincarnated inside a girl's body.

I asked her the name, and I immediately recognized it.

It was inside an otome game. And the most famous one at the moment, of course, Kingka Academy.

The reason I even tried it was because I was hoping that maybe they would have gotten better, I personally love manga and anime, so otome games sound fun too. Eun Ah even recommended it to me, she wouldn't tell me any of the routes, however. So I tried it.

Three words. It was sh*t.

It was at least better than the previous but at the pace development was going right now, the day I would play otome games was when I was in my forties.

The goddess seemed to sense what I was thinking. I couldn't tell her it was shit, could I? I could only talk politely, sneering behind her back.

She made me a deal. Choose the character I wanted. And if I take 'choose' at face value, it means becoming the heroine in Kingka Academy. And did I take that deal?

Hell no. As I just said, I don't like otome games. I didn't like them from the start, but then I decided that was sort of biased of me, so I tried a dozen, and

It's sh*t. Bullsh*t.

I tried to politely decline the goddess and say no thank you, but then the goddess said it was completely fine, I said no again, and she got mad.

I backed out bravely afterwards, wondering, was that even a real goddess? She smiled falsely, and it made me hate her even more. No, it wasn't exactly her smile, it was more like her aura, the feeling she gave me. It just felt wrong and creepy. I'm good with people, I know that is true. I didn't like her very much.

I wished the characters wouldn't be like 2D characters when I got there, I don't want to spend my life with people who are whoring flat screen characters instead of actual decent people. And I don't want my personality to become like a whore when I am reincarnated there. That would suck.

I want a person who is handsome, pretty good, someone who I love. Wish that would come true.