39. Meeting of the Prisoners

___Amanda Kayrin___

Amanda was currently depressed.

She had been stupid, she told herself. If only she had been stronger, smarter, braver, this wouldn't have happened. And it wasn't only her, she put Nico in danger too. It was her fault.

They were both captured by the men. Amanda was wrapped up with strong, fibrous rope, Nico was gagged and chained to a post by the wall.

Their clothes and devices were stripped from them, including her ring. When Amanda woke up, she found herself in rough commoner clothing, so hungry she could eat an ox. They were barely fed. It was awful.

A woman offended the guard and was promptly whipped. Amanda spent that day trying to block her ears from the noise, but she couldn't. Her hands were tied too well. She closed her eyes instead, but the whistles the whip made made her body shiver in fear.

There was only one guard, a tough-looking man. He barely talked. The entire atmosphere was dark and excruciating. Amanda's eyes kept sweating, but she couldn't hold them back. The moment the man's eyes met hers, Amanda had the feeling he wasn't viewing her as a human being. Amanda was an object. Something to be sold. Something that could be killed without remorse.

It sent shivers down her spine. She had to avoid catching his attention as much as possible.

It was all her fault. It was her who went outside. It was also her who failed to run away. She still didn't get how she had been captured. Her ring was stolen. Maybe some sort of magic was used on her.

There was little sense of time in the aircraft. Not having been kidnapped before, Amanda felt it all so uncomfortable and unfamiliar. And one day she woke up, and before she knew it, Nico was gone. She was in a new cage, with new people she didn't know.

Well, Amanda thought to herself, it might be going a bit overboard to call them that. They were kids. While she was a transmigrated person with the soul of a business lady in her thirties.

The kids were good looking. There was a girl with long black hair and a quiet voice, and a boy with dirty blonde hair.

Amanda didn't want to talk to them. She wanted to escape, but she didn't know how. She didn't know where she was. And she was scared. Before she slept, she wished for justice to be carried out. Her Dad and Mom would save her soon, she told herself. They loved her, and wouldn't rest until they got her back.

Just thinking about it made her sweat some more. Her cheeks were wet again. No, she wasn't crying. Amanda couldn't bring herself to admit that she was the only one in a complete mess. The boy didn't look affected in the least, and the girl just sat there quietly. Amanda hiccupped.

Great. She wiped the sweat off with her hands. It was okay. Everything was okay. It was just that she hadn't ever experienced anything like this in her two lives. It took time to steady her emotions.

Amanda glanced towards the others who were in her cell.

The blonde boy in the cage looked at the two girls dumbly.

He rubbed his head. "Who are you guys?" he asked. "Can you-" he gestured with his right hand. Amanda felt annoyed. "Move a little, please?"

The cell wasn't that big in the first place. They were all shoved uncomfortably inside here, and she had to stand on one leg. Amanda inwardly sighed.

She shifted her head and arms higher up so her face was farther away from his. He breathed a sigh of relief.

The black haired girl was still quiet. Great. She should be the first one to answer the guy's question.