-

Gilbert doesn't know how to react to this kid after hearing that. He just thought: Hey, is this really your house?!

Of course. Even though he has such thoughts, his face remained stoic. Only that his lips twitch and he cough at the back of his hand, then showed a stiff smile, "This way, Young Master."

June doesn't really care what the other is thinking. "Good!"

June arrived in front of the Duke's study room thanks to Gilbert's help.

After shooing Gilbert away, June lazily reach his hand over, intending to knock. However, before his knuckles could even touch the wooden door, a cold voice came from the inside.

"Come on in, no need to knock."

June raised an eyebrow, but he entered without a word.

Walking inside the study room, June shut the door close and didn't move any further.

Duke Rolland saw this and sigh. He gesture at the seat in front of him, "Come here and sit. We have something to talk about."

June frowned and followed what he says, remaining as silent as ever.

"Zerry, how are you feeling now?" Duke Rolland asked, his calm demeanor breaks apart the moment June shut the door close.

"Ah?" June didn't catched on what this guy is talking about, so he looked completely confused.

Seeing this face made Duke Rolland feels headache, "What ah? Don't 'ah?' me, Zerry. Don't tell me you already forgot yesterday's incident?"

"....?"

No. He wasn't here yesterday, so he doesn't really know what yesterday incident is.

"Don't tell me you really did forgot what happened yesterday?! Such a life threatening incident yet you're brushing it off like it's nothing, what do you take your life for?!" The Duke dismissively glared at his son while hiding away his worry, however, seeing the unfazed face of his son, he found himself unable to maintain a disdainful attitude.

The Duke let out a sigh out of helplessness, "You look like you don't really care ah. Anyway, Father still hasn't found the assassin who tried to poison you, but I won't give up that's a promise. However, because of this incident, you are not allowed to go out of the household till I say so!"

June was totally shocked by this sudden outburst despite his straight face. He didn't expect to be yelled, and much more, to hear such an unexpected story.

'So someone still have free time to assassinate a useless noble son? Wow, They must've been bored or they just have nothing to do.'

Contrary to June's thoughts, the original Zerry wasn't actually useless. Out of the four eldest sons of the Four Dukes, Zerry is second to the strongest. It's just that he's character is insane and violent, and he's a crazy bastard who gives no damn care about others. He just do what he wanted to do, especially within his family's territory.

June cleared his throat, "Father, I—

" Zerry, I am not done yet. You nearly got stab by that poisoned needle!" The Duke said coldly, interrupting his son. " If it weren't for your butler,Gilbert, subduing that assassin in time, you wouldn't be here talking to me!"

June's face turned blank. So turns out, the assassination was successful! He held in his mocking smile, but cannot hide the occasional twitched of his lips: It's not nearly, alright? The poisoning is clearly successful! I'm also not your son... Fuck, Mr. Duke your worry is suddenly making me feel guilty taking over this body!