-

He waited for the sugar to dissolved and placed his hands on either side of the chair. Thankfully the chairs here in the kitchen are tall enough, it made him satisfied with the height.

A seconds later, June was munching a strawberry when he saw that the sugar looks alright.

He turned off the fire and dipped one or the strawberries with a fork, and waited for the sugar coated strawberry to cool off. Then he find out that....it didn't work.

Whether you know the result or not, whether you notice it already or not...

June actually doesn't know what he's doing. He wanted to make a Tanghulu, but he only knew how it's sugar coated. Although his first try is indeed a sugar coated strawberry....it doesn't look good.

First time trying it results into failure. The smile hanging on June's face became stiff for a second before he sigh.

"This is totally...not the result I wanted." He whispered to himself before he look around. He think for a while before an idea came into his mind.

First try: Failed.

Second try: Commencing.

June jumped down the chair, he take two bowls and some Ice. With a happy 'I'm-so-smart' look on his face, June emptied the sauce pan, placing it's content on one of the two empty bowl before repeating in the start.

This time, June has a complete idea if what to do. Of course, he didn't forget to taste the failed sugar coated strawberry.

"Not bad. However..." June sigh, "it's too sweet."

June decided to add one cup of sugar and half cup of water. After that, he changed the idea of stirring it. He decided to leave it the f*ck alone.

Instead, he poured a cup of water into the jug filled with Ice.

A few seconds later, June who managed to plan his second try, turned the fire off and dipped the strawberry with a fork into the liquid sugar. He made sure it's well coated before he dipped it into the cold water.

1,2,3...

Counting silently, June took out the strawberry and his eyes twinkled.

"Shiny!~"

A well coated strawberry obtained!

Second try: Success!

June was excited about his success on the second try and immediately went to coat the other strawberries with sugar, making sure every single piece looks good and perfectly coated. Of course, mistakes aren't absent in work and those that received June's mistakes immediately ended up being eaten whole by the heartless one who caused their 'not so perfect' appearance.

If the strawberries have feelings, they would strangle June for being unreasonable.

They would say: You're the one who made a mistake by failing to make us beautiful and perfect to eat! Don't blame it on us, okay?!

Thankfully it doesn't have feelings.

"Damn. Finally done~"

By the time June finished, two hours had already passed.

The night was already deep enough and there should be no one lurking around the Manor-except from the guards which is stationed outside.

Well, wrong.

Because the moment June turn around, he paused. His eyes remained on the open kitchen door and the darkness outside the hallway.

Oh shit. Wtf?