-

The Zersetzend Family.

From generation to generations, they have been known for their merciless and loyal nature. Their expertise lies in poison, from their ancestors to the 8th generation — the field of poison has become the Zersetzend's family expertise.

However during the war of the Saint and the Fairies, the 8th Patriarch of Zersetzend Family decided for a change; one by one the Zersetzend Family that used to be the one ruling the dark became an ally to the light, and had become a part of Auscarous Kingdom's nobility.

Wealth.

This is now the field of Zersetzend. The accumulated wealth from the previous dark era of Zersetzend Family has become the one the current generation is using to accumulate more power and money from here and there.

Now, Rolland Theine Zersetzend stood at the top of other three Dukes of Auscarous Kingdom— being the most wealthy and powerful out of ten four.

Duke Rolland walked through the empty hall of his own manor. His face heavy with emotions unknown. Sometimes his gaze would fell upon the rows of windows that shows off the light blue sky, a nice and calming scenery for his eyes.

However, he did not feel a bit of it. The peacefulness of such scene did not even touch Rolland a bit. Perhaps it's because the window is close, preventing him from having a touch in this said peacefulness. The wind that causes the tall trees to sway only hits the glass window, and Rolland could only witness it, not feel it.

That's probably why he felt detached from the outside world. Being in this manor and managing such a powerful Family...Rolland sigh, his eyes downcast, showing a rare emotion of confusion.

Perhaps...Perhaps it's because of that thing called responsibility that push him far away from the right path towards a good figure he wanted to be. Or maybe he's just not fated to be what he wanted to be, and he totally missed the chance of being that guy in his dreams.

He missed the chance...

Rolland blinked, and didn't even register the fact that he's staring out the closed window. The feeling of detachment from the world as though he's there, standing all alone by himself...it disappeared and the feeling of reality returned to him.

He tore his gaze away from the window and look far ahead, his vision saw a figure standing at the front of his office door.

It was a woman wearing a lilac dress, and Rolland took a step forward. His steps carried on a heavy feeling, and the moment he arrived in front of the woman, a smile adorned his lips.

"You're awake. How was your rest?"

The woman smiled, and pulled on her caramel hair a bit. "It's alright. I didn't see you though, where have you been?"

"I visited my son."

" Your...son?" The woman paused and looked at Rolland with lost eyes for a bit.

Rolland force a smile, "It's Zerry. The assassination must have shocked him for a bit."

"Oh... I see." She smiled and look down a bit, "Would it be alright if we share a moment for a cup of tea?"

Rolland stop for a sec. He thinks for a when before he nodded, "Alright. If it's you, I really can't say no."

•<>•

"No."

Gilbert wanted to sigh in exasperation and just abandon his job at this very moment. His patience, which isn't that great to begin with, is visibly thinning in face of this picky young Master he's facing.