𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

Just like a few mornings ago, this time the boys were up earlier to make breakfast.

They wanted to return the favour, no matter how bad they were at cooking.

" Marco..."

" Yes, Frenkie? Did you cut the watermelon?"

" Not yet, but whatever you were cooking is now on fire."

Dortmund's captain quickly turned on his heels. His cinnamon french toast wasn't looking as good as a few seconds ago. Instead of golden it was now almost black. One of the oven gloves was sitting on top of the stove, staring a small fire.

The smoke from it turned the fire alarm on.

Joshua quickly climbed on John's shoulders waving away the smoke in poor attempt to make the annoying sound stop.

Frenkie and Lucas were running around, opening all the windows, while Dominic got the fire extinguisher trying to put out the fire created by Marco's breakfast.

" What's going on here?"

Gabriella and Clara were first to come downstairs and become witnesses to the scene, greeted by Marco holding a half burned half raw bread slice in hand.

" Nothing. Go back to sleep."

The blonde pushed the girls back up the stairs, shushing their questions.

" Thank goodness we missed it, Gabi."

The Spanish shoke her head in response.

" Thank God they have us in the house as well."

When the two were nowhere in sight, Joshua picked up his phone.

" You want me to order some food, Marco?"

" Yes, yes please Kimmie."

...

The breakfast disaster was covered up with good coffee and delicious food.

Fortunately for the lads, the girls were clueless and didn't suspect a thing.
Well, except Gabi and Clara. But for their own good, they didn't ask further questions.

Now, the whole group was exploring one of the local markets in Dubrovnik, Gundulićeva poljana.

The scent of fresh fruits and flowers combined with the happy laughter from the people, created a nice atmosphere for an afternoon stroll.
It was the best possible way to get into the spirit of the town and it's people.

In the front was Gabriella walking next to Frenkie, alongside them Clara and John.

Despite the differences between the four, a strong friendship was forming.

The Spanish journalist was able to ask all the questions she had in mind and successfully get answers. The law student was curious to get more details not only on all the basic stuff, but learn more about the rivalry between Manchester United and Manchester City, things no one else than the players themselves can tell you.

Another interesting sight was Joshua trying to catch Aurora's attention. The German was shy and quiet around him and only nod or give a one word in response to his interrogating session.

Lucas was undeniably flirting with the girls walking past him, but his eyes was glued on a certain veterinary surgeon, that was buying peaches from an old lady.

" Marco, if you don't stop I am leaving you here alone and you will find the way back to the villa only to pick up your luggage from the front porch."

Lidija told the blonde before making a few steps away from him.

Apparently, since she was Russian she was supposed to understand most of what the Croatian citizens said. Marco was asking about every single word he has heard so far and it's meaning.

At some point she thought that if she tells him some inappropriate phrase he would be enough to make him stop, but instead he shouted it.

The moms passing by him had to cover their children's ears, while the elderly gave him a nasty look.
That moment earn a loud laugh from the group and especially from the two Slavs.

" What happened with 'I am not breathing the same air as you', Nora?"

Few metres away from the rest, Nora and Dominic were playing the good old game of twenty questions.

" Don't make me put a face mask around you, cause I will."

The striker's deep laugh filled the air and the Bulgarian couldn't help but smile at the sight of it.

There was no way in the world, no force that will make her admit she was enjoying the time, when Nora was in his company.

And Dominic was doing his best not to leave the brunette girl's side.

" Your turn to ask."

" What happened this morning?"

The English looked the other way, avoiding the question.

" There is ash all over the kitchen counter."

" Let's just say it doesn't matter, because it all turned well at the end."

" That's what I say after every Divock Origi late goal."

Hello again!!

Not the best possible chapter. 😔
I have no idea where I was going with this.