𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

Friday. The sun was about to set. People who spent the day at the beach, were picking up their towels and bags, ready to go home.

Not far away from them, in the white villa twelve people were all gathered in the back yard. A long table was set under the cherry tree. A few metres away Lidija and Nora were teaching Frenkie and Marco how to properly grill the chicken and vegetables without burning them. Or causing another fire.

It happened way too often for the short period of time they were in Croatia.

" You keep your eyes on them and use the tongs..."

" You said tongs"

The younger blonde laughed at Nora's words, who rolled her eyes after his comment. Boys.

" And you do your best not to start a fire."

" How do you know all that?"

" I am from the Balkans, Marco."

On the other side of the yard, Marianne and Lucas were building a fort with blankets and pillows they found inside.

Joshua and John were hanging up a large white sheet on the tall fence. A projector was placed across it. It was the ideal time for a movie night outside.

" A bit higher Joshua. It's uneven when you hold it like this."

" Not everyone is blessed with your height. Do I look like Virgil van Dijk?"

The English laughed at Joshua's words, that resulted in him falling of the chair he had stepped on and dropped the sheet.

" Seriously Stones? Seriously?"

" This is getting interesting."

Gabriella mentioned looking at the three groups, everyone having his own task, but failing to complete it.

" I should have grabbed some popcorn."

Aurora popped a cherry in her mouth.

Somehow Marco got the vegetables on the grill on fire again. It must be his talent or something.

" One is setting fires constantly, one is a creep and mine keeps falling of something or eating what he isn't supposed to."

Clara pointed towards John who had a piece of uncooked meat in his mouth. Nora and Lidija hitting his back trying to get it out of his mouth.

" If I knew this is how we were going to end up, I will pinch myself to check if I am dreaming."

" For rival players, they turned out decent."

Gabriella turned to see Frenkie standing next to her. The Dutch kissed her cheek and she snuggled closer to him.

" Dominic can work on his stalking skills, but yeah they turned out decent."

" You talking about us, Gabs?"

" Yes!"

The three answered in unison and Frenkie shook his head, but he knew what they said was right so he had to agree.

After all, when he learnt he has to spend two weeks with a girl who supports Real Madrid, he wouldn't think he would develop feelings for her.

" I think we can all agree, that poor boy needs some help. Frenkie be useful and go help Dominic get his girl."

...

Later that night, the mood was going into a nostalgic session looking through all of the pictures from the past weeks.

The one they took on the very first night showed Nora demonstrating to the girls how she held her wrist straight, when attacking Dominic.

The next one was from a few days after that. Marco and Lucas passed out on the couch after mixing water and alcohol.

A group photo from the day they went to the market. One abnormally big watermelon could be seen in the arms of the two English footballers.

Another one showing Aurora tackling Joshua on the beach. The girls were only one goal up and she had to so something to keep it that way.

Sensing that mood, the Bulgarian left Dominic's side and walked up to the projector.

" Where you going?"

She connected her phone to the device and started searching for a proper song to lift the mood a bit.

She decided on a Bulgarian song from 1999, Kamelia- Luda po Tebe.

It was always the best way to start a party and it was a constant present at every gathering.

Her other choice was Mile Kitic, but it was going to be a bit too much for people who have never listened to Balkan music before, she thought.

After the first few seconds of the song passed she clapped her hands, motioning for everyone to get up and start dancing.

" Come on, it's our last night here. Let's wrapped it up properly."

After some time, the clock was showing it was already two in the morning.

A mix between more Balkan music, pop and whatever you can think of could be heard.

Dominic and Nora dancing together further from the improvised dance floor.

Marco was again the centre of the show, blessing everybody with his singing, water bottle used a microphone. Untill Lucas grabbed that same water bottle of his hand and started singing himself.

" What are your plans for after you go back home?"

His head resting on top of hers, while slowly moving to the beat of the song.

" Go see my parents. The season had already started so I'll go check on my brother and then head to Euro Volley 2021. Yours?"

" Well there are still a few weeks before the Premier League's new season starts. I will probably get some more rest and join the team. The Merseyside derby is the opening game."

Dom sent a playful wink towards Nora, before pulling her closet to his body.

" Don't to something in the game that you will regret later."

" Like what?"

" Scoring a goal or something. You won't hear from me if you do."

Going quiet for a few minutes, enjoying each others present the striker was thinking what would it be for him and Nora when they leave Croatia.

Will they stay in touch? Can they have an actual relationship? Or she will forget about him and find someone else?

Tons of questions were going through his head at that moment. What was his best move?

Suddenly he turned the brunette so she was facing him.

The words escaped his mouth before he could stop them.

" Come with me in England."

Hello!!

I feel like we are nearing the end of the story 😭😭😭 so I have two questions.

What is something you wanted to see happening and you didn't?

Also I had that random idea for a sequel. What to do you think? Maybe it will follow the life of the characters after that vacation. Probably they will meet again at some point.

I don't know. Let me know what's your opinion.