Chapter 19 - Artemis' First Day

Mt. Justice

Raven woke up from a dreamless sleep to the sound of the Zeta Tube announcing Batman and Green Arrows presence. Sighing, she got out of bed, threw on her purple hoodie and headed to the living room of the cave.

"-Artemis. She will be joining your team as of today. Kaldur, make sure she feels welcome."

"Of course, Batman."

Behind Green Arrow, was a blonde haired, grey eyed teen with an athletic build with a bow and quiver on her back. Green Arrow turned to her and knelt down.

"I know this may be a little different then jumping off rooftops with me, but trust me. It'll be good for you."

"Yeah, yeah. You said that already. Where's my room at so I can go get settled in?"

Miss Martian floated through the halls with Superboy, arriving also to see the new girl. Miss M. squealed with delight and ran over to Artemis.

"Oh yay! Another girl on the team! This is great, we can start doing so much fun stuff together, the three of us!"

Artemis looked Superboy up and down and smirked, "Well, maybe this place won't be so bad after all. Plenty of eye candy, that's for sure." She glanced at Miss M. and shrugged, "Hey floating girl. Can you show me to my room?"

Miss Martian slapped her head, "Hello Megan, I'm M'gann M'orzz, but you can call me Megan, or Miss Martian. Or Miss M."

Artemis took a step back, "Right. Okay then. My room?"

"Oh, right! This way!" She turned around to leave when the Zeta Tube announced the arrival of Wally.
Wally sped into the room and tripped over Artemis, causing the duffel bag he was holding to go flying and his beach clothes to fly everywhere.

"Hey! Watch it Happy Feet!"

"Ugh, what? Huh?" Wally looked around and at the blonde girl laying on the floor in front of him. Then he got mad.

"Happy Feet? Really? Who even are you anyways?"

He looked up and saw Batman and Green Arrow standing above him, disappointment clear in their faces.

"Kid Flash. This is your new teammate Artemis. She is Green Arrow's Neice and protégée, is there going to be a problem with that?"

Wally looked down and grumbled, "No Batman. Just surprised that's all."

Green Arrow helped his Neice up from the ground. "Sorry about him, takes after Flash. Don't think he's that bad though, just don't be too hard on them alright?"

Artemis rolled her eyes and nodded. Then she turned back to Miss M and asked her to take her to her room. She happily obliged.

When they left, Wally grumbled and walked up to Raven.

"Can you believe the nerve of that girl? She thinks she can take Roy's place as Archer on the team!" He whisper yelled.

Raven looked at him in confusion, "Roy? I don't know who that is."

"He was their Side Kick friend who didn't want to join the team when it was formed," Superboy cleared up as he walked up to join them.

"Oh that's right! I forgot you weren't here when that happened. Time sure does fly fast."

"Wally, it's only been a few months. I think you guys have all known each other longer then that."

"Not necessarily. They rescued me from Cadmus only a few weeks before meeting you. So realistically, you, me and the new girl are all kind of like, the new guys. Except, you know, she's newer."