Chapter 21 - Kara Zor-El

Percy's Living Room

Percy extended his hand for her to shake and introduced himself formally. "Well Kara Zor-El, nice to formally meet you. I'm Percy Jackson, and this is uh, my apartment." She looked a little confused at Percy's outstretched hand and reached out her hand, face down and lightly placed it on his." He raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything about it.

"So, you're obviously from a different world. Do your people just randomly crash land on planet's oceans randomly?" He joked, but quickly noticed that she looked rather devastated with that comment and looked away, brushing her hair behind her ear.

"My planet Krypton was destroyed. The council was adamant that it could be saved so it didn't order an evacuation to on of our abandoned outposts, but it proved to be futile. My uncle made a pod for my baby cousin so he could land on Earth, and my parents made me one so I could watch over him. I didn't want to leave them behind but I knew I had a responsibility to my cousin to keep him safe, so I had to leave," her voice grew soft as she slowly trailed off.

Percy mentally slapped his forehead and called himself an idiot. Her whole planet was destroyed and her he was making jokes without knowing. "Kara, I'm sorry, I didn't know."

She turned back to face him and lightly smiled. "It's alright, there's no way you could've known. Plus technically, it was a long time ago."

He decided to try and move on from that. "You said you're here to protect your cousin, should he be landing here sometime soon?"

"No, he came here way before me. When our planet exploded, the shockwaves knocked my pod off course and I ended up in the Phantom Zone. It's a place where time doesn't exist and I was frozen there for a really long time. Just a couple months ago, for some reason my pod got knocked out of it and auto corrected course back to Earth, where you can obviously tell I landed."

"The Phantom Zone sounds like a scary place honestly."

"It probably is, but bc I was frozen it seems like I went in and straight out. The only way I knew how much time had passed was because my pod was calibrated to Earth years before I left. 27 Earth years I was there."

"Holy Hades, that's a long time to he frozen!" Percy should know, Perses Froze him for two weeks and that was miserable, but he was also conscious for the whole time. So maybe she actually got the better deal here.
She just shrugged, "Maybe, I didn't age though so I'm still technically 18."

"That post makes sense. So your cousin is already here then, right?"

"He should be, his name is Kal-El."

"Hmm, I've met a ton of aliens since I've been here, but nobody with that name. It is a big planet though so maybe we can find him."

"You'd help me find him?"

"Of course! Though, you probably shouldn't go around announcing that you're an alien to the public. There's a bunch of mixed opinions about them at the moment, with the Justice League and all."

"Justice League?"

"Yeah, a group of super heroes defending and saving the planet. They have a bunch of cool powers and amazing abilities. I'm actually a recently new member myself."

"Woah, Krypton had stories about extraordinary people but they weren't actually true, just made up for entertainment. To think there's a whole planet with super powered individuals, that's kind of cool."

"Well, it's actually just a very small percentage of people. Not everyone has superpowers here. That would get really chaotic, real quick. Trust me."