1 - THE CAPTURE

In the middle of the woods, in the middle of nowhere, fighting and dashing their way through the rebel of trees before them, they are running. The gang of them is running as hell from something or someone. A group of people with guns and weapons were following them recklessly a little behind their backs.

Suneo commented annoyingly while running as fast as he can, “Will these people never let us be for once? Let us be in peace. Go home and maybe play some video games instead of keeping on chasing us like this no matter where we go! I so wanna go back home. Mama!”

Gian replied angrily, “SHUT UP—SUNEO!!!”

Nobita shouted out to the others who were before him, since he was lagging behind (as usual), “We gotta find Jack. He wasn’t down there with us. We gotta find him before these people do.” At this, Gian answered, “Yeah, but first we need to get ourselves away from these people. We need to make it to Doraemon’s teleportation device before they get to us.”

Nobita, not being quite satisfied with that reply, said specifically to Doraemon in an anxious and helpless way, “Doraemon, you hear me right? Just promise me you’ll find him. Promise me you’ll find Jack. He’s just a kid...”

Suneo added, “So are we, dumbass!” And Gian said hysterically laughing out, “Told ya! The moment I saw you with Jack on this island, I called it. You are so acting like his big brother right now.” Nobita answered stubbornly, “So not! I’m not his big brother.”

Doraemon shouted out to Nobita and the rest of the team, still keeping his speed up, “Of course, I’ll try and find Jack once we are safe. If we are lucky enough to make to my gadget first, before the goons catch up with us, I promise you I’ll do everything I can to find Jack. Whoever he is, he’s our friend too if he’s yours.”

Nobita felt relieved on hearing this. Shizuka said, “But none of this matters if they keep chasing us like this. This can go on forever. No matter where we go they’re gonna find us. They have surveillance all over the island. Since we can’t leave this island, we are trapped in this game of theirs.”

Doraemon agreed her by saying, “Yeah—we will never be able to work out our plan of taking their boss out and failing their mission if they keep us busy in this sick cat and mouse chase of theirs all day all night long. We need time to make a plan before it’s too late.”

They were still running and running and running. Nobita being the last among them, lagging behind his group, looked back and freaked out. the people chasing them are right behind them. About a few hands behind Nobita were the men with guns, in white suit uniforms, white helmets and a pair of running long legs. Nobita screamed out, “They’re almost here.... Hurry!!!”

Doraemon shouted back, “Don’t worry! We’re here too. Come on...”

There was a big circular raised plastic platform right before their eyes with a control switch on the stand along with a panel. Doraemon, being the first among the group, went and stood upon the platform. Then went Gian, followed by Suneo, then Shizuka, then Betty and lastly, followed by Captain. Nobita was still running at a moderate with the goons, right behind him. Gasping and panting, he kept running as fast as he could, but that clearly wasn’t enough. Shizuka shouted, “Come on Nobita. Come one. Hurry. You can do this.”

Gian joined here next, overcoming his daily schedule of being a bully and trying his best to encourage Nobita, “Nobita, come on. Faster. Faster. Come on. Hurry. A little more.” Slowly, everyone else joined the encouragement voices in a matter of seconds.

All Nobita could hear were his friends encouraging him and helping him reach the platform before it’s too late when suddenly, the effort faded away from his face. The voices began to fade away. He turned his face behind and saw the goons, even nearer to them, especially him than before, about a couple of hands away. A few words began running inside his mind:

We will never be able to work out our plan of taking their boss out and failing their mission if they keep us busy in this sick cat and mouse chase of theirs all day all night long. We need time to make a plan before it’s too late.

Nobita turned back at his friends, standing on the platform, only three hands away from him eagerly waiting and cheering for him to reach them, so that they can outrun the goons once again. But Nobita stopped running. Everyone was puzzled on seeing that.

They shouted saying, “What are you doing, Nobita?” “Don’t lose hope now.” “Come on, what are you waiting for, Nobita? Hop on.” “We don’t have much time, let’s go....” Nobita came back to his senses and all those addresses to him. He slowly placed his right hand over his right side pant pocket and feeling whatever was inside it, smiled, glaring at them. All of them became confused on seeing this.

Gian said angrily, “What are you doing, Nobita? This is not the time to act like a fool. Come one, hop in and let’s go.....”

Nobita looked back at the goons once more, who were even closer, about five hands way from him, and back at his friends. He said, “Find Jack! Before they do!”

Doraemon said, “We already talked about this. Of course, we will once we get out of here. come on.... It’s time to go. They're almost here. Let’s go....”

Nobita, holding a serious expression over his face, pulled out the thing from his pocket. It was a dart. Seeing that, everyone felt more confused but Gian was the only one who seemed to have figured out that Nobita was up to something. He didn’t have a good feeling about it but he did know that he had thought of something.

Nobita muttered, with sad, watery eyes, looking at his friends, “I’m so sorry. But this is the only way....” saying this, he threw the dart straight towards the control panel, which pierced through the screen and broke it. Everyone shouted out, “NOOOOO!!!!!” The platform began to vibrate intensely, with all the people on it swaying this way and that to keep their balance on top of it.
Nobita said in a concerned tone, “I’ll cover for you. Remember the mission—” Before he could finish his words, Gian complained angrily, “Nobita, what the hell did you do? No way we’re letting you do this on your own! You bett.......”

Gian couldn’t even complete his sentence when two of the goons grabbed Nobita in front of his eyes. He jumped out to help but immediately, in a zwip of sound and space, they were away in another place. Their hideout place on the island—a comfortable portable home—another one of Doraemon’s wonderful gadgets! But none of them were happy to have overcome the goons. Gian was on his knees with his face down at the ground; Shizuka was crying softly, Doraemon was just standing there, devastated while Captain and Betty were anxious too, about Nobita.

Gian said, still with his head down, “I let him go again. Yet again, I couldn’t help him.”

Doraemon said, crying, “What the hell just happened? NOBITAAAA!!!”

Three goons held Nobita down firmly in his position while he was struggling to free himself off of them. But naturally, they were strong enough for him to handle. He was not such a strong boy in his school itself. He was screaming out of the tight arm-holding by the men. But all of this flew away as soon as, a syringe needle plunged through his neck. Slowly and steadily, the world around him, the trees, the men, the sky, all got dizzy, and all his ears could hear was a faint buzzing noise when his eyelids slowly closed and he passed out.....

to be contd....
(Readers, this is my first time publishing my story. Forgive me if I made any mistakes. Hope you like it. Please comment whether you liked it or not, pointing out any errors)