10 - DOCTOR CLONED

There was a loud clank and the door banged open with a thud. A tall healthy middle aged man with a black moustache was standing at the door; behind him a group of officers dressed in white and blue uniforms with a police cap on their heads. At that moment, Shizuka started and looked around; an unconscious wounded Betty in her arms. Her face was red, her eyes swollen and she shaking in fear waiting for the moment they would be caught by one of Cash's men.

"T-as in Time Patrol?" muttered Shizuka under her breath in surprise.

The middle aged man leading the back crew was too shocked to respond for a couple of seconds and then he suddenly got into a hurry and replied, "Yes-yes-this is Time Patrol. Call in the paramedics here. Quick! Come here and get them out of here."

Shizuka sighed at this with a soft smile of relief on her face. The man jumped on and threw himself down on his knees, attending to the two of them. Two other men came along, as instructed by their Senior, to help him in his work. A group of people in white uniforms, dressed as medics came inside in no time and bent down to take them.

"She's hurt-badly," said Shizuka referring to Betty. They took Betty first and went off.

"You need to get out too dear," said the Senior Inspector.

When the man tried to take her away, Shizuka uttered desperately, "No-no-stop. I can't." He looked around at Shizuka and darted an interrogatory look at her. She continued, "You don't understand. I can't go. My friends are still in there. They are still inside."

"Don't worry dear! We will handle it from here. You've done enough. We'll get them out. Leave that upon us. You should go to our ship and rest while we do so."

"No, I can help, Sir," protested Shizuka.

"You don't understand, dear. It's too dangerous and you are just a kid. (Shizuka gave him a stern look) Even so, you've done enough to get us here. We have professionals for these kinds of jobs. Let us handle it. You've done an amazing job. Go now."

"No offense, Sir but you've never been able to catch Cash in all these years, have you?" said Shizuka sternly. The inspector did not reply. she continued, "Please Sir, let us help. Let me help. We've been through a lot already. We wouldn't mind finishing what we started to do and helping you guys finish it. Please, Sir. Let me."

The man looked up at her and answered, "Fine. But you can help us from our ship. Take her. You can be of much help there than here. Don't worry we'll get your friends out. I promise. Before that, can you tell me where they are?"

Shizuka faintly nodded and replied, "I haven't been able to contact them for a long time but I can tell you where they are supposed to be, I guess..."

Meanwhile, inside the ship pod,

"Look the Time Patrol's here," said Doraemon, pointing at a few red dots on the monitor screen among the control panels, "it's their portal right there." All the others beamed at seeing that.

Checking through all the options on the controls and screen, Doraemon added with a tinge of dread in his voice, "Where do we go now? Apparently, all the doors are locked from the outside. I don't know-how. But these panels show they are. We are locked inside."

Suneo repeated, "You mean we can't go out?!" Doraemon nodded in horror.

Gian said, "What?! This wasn't part of our plan, was it?" Doraemon shook his head and said optimistically, "At least the Time Patrol is here. We needn't worry now. Everything will be fine once they unlock them. Until then we wait..."

Nobita held Doraemon's hand and said in a very deep and serious voice, his eyes fixed at the monitor screen on the panels, "I've got a better idea." Everyone turned to look at him and listen to what he wanted to say. "Turn the ship around."