Gimme The Kid

Three days later, the Avengers were eating Chinese take out.

"No seriously," insisted Tony whom they'd finally convinced to eat something. "I just like saying moo goo gia pan. Have you ever seen that comedy bit, more moo goo?"

"I don't want to see your moo goo it's gross chew in someone else's face," protested Clint.

Thor strode in with his cape swirling, his helmet extra shiny and a look of authoritative determination on his face. "Avengers Assemble."

"Dude. We're all right here," protested Tony with moo goo noodles hanging out of his mouth.

Steve put his chopsticks down and glanced over at the still miniaturized hospital display. Thor was staring at it. Tony had the display trailing him from room to room much to Natasha's disapproval. Steve wiped his face. "He's still hanging in there," Steve commented. "What have you got for us?"

Thor took out the chain, which hung around his neck. On it hung Mjolnir, his hammer looking for all the world, like a Norse good luck charm and a small crystal vial filled with a milky white liquid. "It is from Eir goddess of healing, help and children. She is handmaiden to Frigg, Queen of Aesir whose bailiwick is marriage, wisdom and motherhood."

"Seriously?" asked Clint sounding dumbfounded. The Asgardian gods gave aid outside of Asgard about as often as people spotted Santa on Christmas Eve. Many people claimed it happened but it seemed to be against some unspoken rule. Thor was the one exception to that rule.

Thor nodded.

Natasha spoke up, "This isn't going to be as easy as slipping into the hospital. Voila, everything is better."

Tony, who'd shoved the food away and gone to get a data pad spoke next. "We'll have a time of it getting him away from Shield. They are likely to ignore any basic rights he aught to have claiming he's an extra-dimensional threat or some such. Just a minute, I'm pulling up everything Shield has on him."

While Tony focused on the computer for the next half hour, the rest of the team came up with a list of what would be required to protect the child properly.

"You realize, even without Shield's interference, the hospital won't release him to anyone but a parent, guardian or C.P.S." explained Bruce.

"We've got to get him here. I don't know if there's anyway to get him home again but Shield's not just going to drop this. There is nowhere else he'll be safe," added Steve.

"I don't think either of you understand," interrupted Thor. "The child belongs to me. He is a warrior clearly devoted to the protection of mankind. This is what I have dominion over. I am his guardian."

Bruce didn't really want to be the one to explain to Thor that the hospital would have a different definition of guardian. Thankfully Steve took that one for him. They spent the rest of the half hour arguing about it until Tony spoke up.

"They've got nothing on the kid except that he was exposed to Tesseract energy. Someone thoroughly hacked the computers at that base. There is no record of Robin, no photographs and no video footage. The hard drives were wiped by a massive virus," spoke Tony incredulous.

"Robin?" asked Clint.

"It's got to have been. So Thor, I'm hearing you want to be a dad?" Tony smirked figuring Thor would scowl and get all frustrated with his interpretation.

Thor sighed trying to be patient with the mortals but angry just the same, "That is exactly what both Eir and Frigg required of me! Odin required it of me in full audience! As long as he is within this realm, I am to be the child's father! I am in his debt." Asgard had been stressful. The situation with the tiny warrior was so unique it inspired the strongly felt opinion of far too many gods!