The Boy Wonder

Because he is Robin the Boy Wonder and a bird, well...

Freed from pointless quarantine at last, the Avengers had some serious catch up work to do. None of them could afford to stay home babysitting and Pepper had some serious work to do getting things caught up for Stark industries.

Clint solved the problem "You see Robbie's been learning to play violin with an old friend of mine from the circus, Pipindorio said he'd take him for the week."

Thor was uncomfortable with the idea. They were discussing things over dinner on the patio of a nearby restaurant. Going out for dinner had been determined essential after a week cooped up in the tower. "I do not want to leave you with strangers."

The restaurant had served a basket of pencil sized bread sticks. Robin had two of them shoved in his mouth like walrus teeth. "Foo fave van vinfortna job. Vits vokay."

"Repeat that without the walrus teeth Robin," encouraged Steve laughing.

"You have an important job. It's okay. Thor, if the world's not safe, I'm not safe either. Besides, it's a circus. What kid doesn't love a circus?" asked Robin grinning just a little bit too eagerly.

"I'll put a tracker on him and we'll get him a communicator," suggested Tony.

"But what about Batman's tracker, can't I just give you the code?" asked Robin.

"Kid unless it was built 7 years ago, it's gone," explained Tony.

"Oh,..." Robin was silent for a long moment. "How's the Tesseract Transmitter coming?"

"Just waiting on some parts before it's ready to test," answered Tony with an encouraging smile.

"Thank you," Robin was still for a little while before adding quietly. "Put a panic button in the tracker. Batman would want it."

"You mentioned you'd been kidnapped often?" spoke Steve carefully. "Why do you think that is a danger here?"

"How long ago were the Avengers founded?" asked Robin raising an eyebrow curiously.

"A year and a half ago," admitted Tony.

Robin started giggling.

"What's so funny?" Asked Steve.

"This is re-ridiculous!" explained Robin. "I'm the most experienced again!" When he finally stopped giggling and sobered, Robin took a deep breath and began talking. "Everyone close to you is a target. Please don't wait to find that out the hard way. Prepare for it. Every ally has the potential to become an enemy. With the right technology, magic, abilities, or just plain manipulation even a hero who is pure hearted can be forced to become a threat. A back up plan to stop even allies is needed. "

"We have back up plans to take down the Hulk," protested Steve.

"What about the rest of you. Take Thor for example. I think the only way to be sure to take out Thor if he needed you too would be to contact his father. Am I guessing wrong?" Robin asked Thor.

Thor looked at Robin with a strangely pensive expression. Then he replied using a term he had not used in a while. "No, little warrior, you are correct. That was the only way to stop my brother and it is the All Father whom I would trust to know if I needed to be stopped."

"What about Mr. Stark," asked Robin? "Could he be stopped if necessary?"

Everyone looked at each other uncomfortably. Stark tech was everywhere.

"Aim at a contingency plan for everything. Batman always calls Superman a Boy Scout but Superman always tells me that it's ironic because it's Batman that always has to, "Be Prepared" and then everyone always starts arguing about whether that's an appropriate use of the word irony."