Bear

Because Captain America makes a good teddy bear too.

Robin wanted to make sure everyone was clear that he really wasn't happy with this no Bear plan. He tied every shoe in the building into one big shoe ball. Robin's shoes had Velcro. Jarvis encouragingly explained that it was excellent knots practice and hadn't he mentioned he'd forgotten how to tied a lot of knots. Auntie Tasha was thrilled that he'd found her red flats. She'd lost them two months ago and they were her favorites. Robin scowled.

He put hot sauce in the Ketchup. He didn't like Ketchup. He hardboiled all the eggs but he got caught at that because apparently Jarvis thought he shouldn't be playing with the stove. Everyone had eggs for lunch. Tony apparently really liked the spicy ketchup. Robin pouted. After lunch Thor kept a closer eye on him.

He colored a bear kidnapper sign with a frowny face and taped it to Natasha's door. Auntie Tasha had the nerve to laugh and compliment his artwork. She stuck it on the fridge!

Robin was usually put to bed at around eight. Thor usually came to bed at around eleven. When Thor opened the door to his suite, all the mattresses, pillows, cushions and blankets had been employed in the construction of a huge barricaded fort. All the clothes had been removed from the closets and dressers and hung from wires and strings making a clothing jungle. Robin was hidden in the back of the fort glaring and typing on his watch.

"You should be asleep," commented Thor.

"Upgrading the security system," grumped Robin looking at his wrist computer.

"You're not hacking Jarvis again?" demanded Thor alarmed.

"No, every potential security update goes through to Mr. Stark for approval," growled Robin rubbing his eyes tiredly.

Thor got down on his hands and knees and crawled into the fort. He gently took the watch off and put it in the charging station.

"Does any of this," Thor gestured around the destroyed room. "Strike you as a bit of an over reaction?"

Robin shook his head in denial. "No. Bear'd do the same for me."

"How'd you even get the mattress off my bed?" asked Thor.

"Mechanical advantage."

"At no point did you consider using your words if you wanted Bear back?" asked Thor.

"I'm not talking to you right now."

"Help me put the room back," ordered Thor.

With a lot of stomping and slamming Robin sort of did as he was told. Thor threw the clothes and blankets back and made Robin do it again without the stomping and slamming. It was one in the morning by the time the room was livable again. Thor lay in bed listening. The boy still wasn't sleeping. At around four in the morning Robin's anger lost steam and instead of fury he gave in and just cried. It was ten to five when he finally fell asleep. Thor watched the clock turn to five with dread hoping the child wouldn't wake up. He didn't. He slept in until six then started on security upgrades again.

"Just give the blasted bear back," complained Tony a day later. "He's insufferable. He won't sleep and I'm pretty sure he's just pretending to eat. Do you have any idea how paranoid most of his suggested upgrades are? Jarvis is so heavily locked down I'm having trouble making modifications to him and the scenarios the kid is guarding against are giving me nightmares!"

"The insufferable part is exactly why we can't give Bear back," protested Natasha. "It's about respect of authority. A five year old doesn't get to be in charge. It's just until the end of the week anyway."