Tweets

Because bro's make me happy.

The Transmitter was left on full time with a sensors set up around it. The open line of communication was necessary. A great deal of testing was still being done on the League side.

Tony soon realized that dimensional engineering was in its' infancy in both worlds.

Batman, Superman, Flash and someone called Cyborg who didn't know Robin but was a local expert on the relevant technology, had spoken with Tony Stark for some time formulating plans. As long as Robin was safe, the plan was to proceed with caution. A custom Boomtube was required because as Robin had guessed, the universes were much farther apart then the League had dealt with before. There was a rather grim theory that the radiation was not due to the method used to generate a dimensional portal but due to the extreme distance between the dimensions.

"Robin go back to bed," said Stark not even looking up from what he was working on.

"I'm not tired," protested Robin. "Can't I at least watch?"

"Do you remember that report you did on the moon landing back in 4th grade?" asked Batman.

"No," admitted Robin. "All I remember from 4th grade is the teacher, this one time, had such a big sneeze, she pee-peed and Marty laughed so hard he shoved the crayon he scratching his nose with, in so far he had to go to the nurses office."

"I can see why that would be more memorable than the moon landing," commented Tony smirking tiredly.

"When humanity decided to put a man on the moon it didn't happen right away. There were a lot of crashes, test flights and unmanned flights first. New technology had to be developed," Batman explained. "This is like trying to reach the moon. It isn't going to happen in an hour, a day or even a week. I will get you home but it's going to take time."

Tony was expecting tears but Robin just yawned hugely and hugged his bear. Hearing that voice on the other end of the transmitter was enough after so long with only vague hopes. Robin didn't care what Batman said, as long as he kept talking. "Belka and Strelka were the first dogs to survive orbital flight," said Robin.

When no one answered he added, "Was B'dzader the first man on the moon?"

It was Martian Manhunter back in the Monitor Womb who answered. "Sorry Robin, that was the first Martian on the moon."

"I'm going to take him back to bed. It's after midnight here. I'll be back for a bit but then I need to call it a night myself. I have other matters that need attention," admitted Tony.

"No one's told the munchkin about the eight year time loss yet," Tony explained when he got back. "How do you want to handle that one?" Tony was done with cutting edge science and technology for the day.

Batman wanted to think for a day or two to figure out how to break the news but insisted Robin needed to be told soon.

At five in the morning Robin was awake. He hacked Jarvis and snuck out of the room up to the transmitter.

"Hello?" he called softly. Robin wasn't sure who would be on duty in the Monitor Womb or what time it was on the other side. What Robin didn't know was Batman had transferred the inter-dimensional signal to the Batcave.

"Hi!"

"Who are you?" asked Robin not recognizing the voice.

"Are you really Robin the Boy Wonder who disappeared 8 years ago?"

"What do you mean 8 years ago?" asked Robin. "I'm me, but I disappeared a month ago."

"I thought you knew about the time distortion backlash. Uhhh... It's been 8 years on this side. Eh,... Batman's going to own me over this."