Kindercamp

Because it's not always easy to fit in.

Robin was going to summer camp. It was a day camp being held just outside the city. Apparently the Avengers had some fussing energy to expend after his outing with Captain Rogers.

Tony had taken a roll of painters tape and laid out a path for Robin in his workshop that included the transmitter and somewhere comfortable to sit. Robin was allowed access to the taped off area of the lab at anytime he wanted without having to ask unless a no entry sign was up. Everyone wanted him to understand that no one was going to keep him from talking to home as long as he respected the boundaries taped out on the floor. The transmitter couldn't be moved and the lab was not kid friendly but it was the best they could do.

A master detective trained Robin. He noticed things. In the workshop, the crowbars had been removed from the wall and the box cutters were gone from the strings by the shipping station and 3D laser printer. There was fresh paint hiding the tool outline where the crowbars used to be.

Robin noticed other things too. There used to be a Yankee's baseball bat hanging on the wall behind the bar. It had been in a glass case and had been signed by the whole team. Robin spotted it in Pepper's office with a 'for charity auction' post-it-note on it.

Just underneath one of the club chairs in the main room was a tiny charred corner of a playing card and on the coffee table in front of the chair was small distinctive electricity burn mark.

Clint watched Robin inspect his surroundings curiously. Robin turned to him. "They didn't have to do all that you know."

"Do what?" asked Clint playing dumb.

"Thor ripped up then burned the jokers. I'd guess Mr. Stark for the tools in the workshop because he doesn't like anybody touching his stuff there without permission. I'm not sure who took the baseball bat down but that is Mr. Stark's handwriting on the post-it note."

"Steve took it down. Tony decided to donate it. Other than that you're spot on. Did anybody ever tell you you're kind of creepy sometimes?" said Clint.

Robin grinned. "You think I'm creepy, try to get away with anything when Batman's around. You didn't brush your teeth. You ate the last cookie. You're hiding the history paper with an A minus in you're sock drawer. I'm not afraid of spiders so you can take the plastic spider out from behind your back and you forgot to change you're underwear!" Robin growled trying to imitate Batman.

Clint laughed.

Robin sighed then hugged Bear. "They didn't have to do any of that, but it's sweet. Gotham's villains wig you guys out too?"

"Robbie thing is, Avengers aren't so good with the things they can't do anything about so this is us doing something even if it's only little. It makes us feel better, " explained Clint. "And anybody not wigged out by Gotham's villains is not firing on all cylinders."

Robin helped Thor with the disguises for summer camp. Thor was sporting a biker getup complete with temporary tattoos, bandana and dark glasses. Apparently tattoos draw a lot of attention away from someone's face.

Robin decided not to dress too distinctively. He got new runners and slipped on fake prescription glasses. Glasses were the hero traditional reverse mask. Robin thought of Superman and Wonder Woman. His bulletproof vest was to stay on under his motorcycle jacket until he was at camp and then it would go in his backpack because it couldn't be hidden wearing summer clothes and the disguise was his biggest protection.

"The Harley Davidson belongs to a long time employee," explained Tony. "He's getting a bonus for lending it to us without a paper trail."

Robin would ride the first few blocks from the Tower hidden in a duffle bag strapped to the back of the Harley. Natasha explained someone had been found near the Tower scanning car and delivery truck heat signatures.