Media Mob

Because comfort is derived from the Latin to bring strength and every hero should be strong.

Thor's thought he'd be off duty for the night but around about three in the morning Robin woke, wandered blearily over to the closet, pee-peed in it, pulled a shirt off a hanger.

"ROBIN!" Thor corrected sharply.

The boy screamed in terror, jumped about two feet in the air and bolted straight into a wall, almost knocking himself out. He sat on the floor. Thor could hear his little heart racing. The little guy looked around completely disoriented.

Suddenly understanding, Thor got out of bed and crouched down. "Son, are you awake?"

Robin didn't answer. He just stared off into space panting with a terrified look on his face.

Thor guided him back to bed and tucked him in. Robin lay there staring off into space nearly hyperventilating.

"Close your eyes." Robin closed his eyes.

Thor went and cleaned up the mess wordlessly then went back to check on the child. He was still panting and his heart was still racing. Thor tucked the teddy bear into the child's arms then sat beside the child and rubbed his back soothingly for about half an hour until Robin calmed and seemed properly at rest.

Children are strange creatures thought Thor. Asgardians were small for such a brief span of time compared against a life span of millennia. Thor wondered what he himself had been like at Robin's age and how his own father had dealt with him. It seemed the thought alone was an invitation.

"You did not move with near as much fluidity and grace," he heard his father's voice echo.

"You have been watching?" asked Thor.

"We are entertained. His play is Asgardian."

"His form is fragile. A thorny rose could draw blood."

"Is it that one of your age still requires sturdy playthings?"

"He is not a plaything."

"The peace of Asgard can be a fragile thing."

"The peace of Asgard is not a plaything either."

Thor heard his father's laugh echo away into the stillness of the night.

The gods were not the only one's who'd been watching. Captain America knocked on his door in the morning. "We've got Sheild and we've got media. It's all over the news." Steve looked at Thor who was already dressed and Robin who was sleepily climbing out of bed. He dug through Robin's newly filled dresser and pulled out a small pair of jeans and a black t-shirt tossing them towards Robin.

"Robin. We've got media. You are going to be on display and after the stunt you pulled yesterday, you've left Hulk vulnerable. No one wants to think he's a danger to children everywhere. We talked about this at the hospital. Thor is dad, act half godly or something. You did this. You protect Hulk from the fall out," Captain America ordered.

"You want me to dress matchers with Thor?" Robin pulled on the clothes.

Captain America stared at him for a little while thinking. "The acrobatics you were doing in the park. I saw the news footage. That's not an ordinary 5 year old sort of thing."

"I was messing around."

"What you were doing yesterday will be enough," insisted the Captain.

"I'm supposed to be able to do a quad. I was having trouble with a reliable triple," muttered Robin sounding like a bitter teenager for a moment while struggling with the button on his jeans like a five year old. He was still only half awake.