Chapter three: Celina

Everyone is watching. Everyone. One wrong move, and I am done for. The people will no longer see me as the messiah.

I have always been afraid of messing up. Being who I am, has made if difficult not to be.

At times, I wish I was the sun bearer. Accused, and humiliated. He at least had it easier than I.

The moon shines brightly as I stand next the man. Waiting to hear the oath. To agree to it.

"Celina. The moon child." A loud voice roars, sending the crowd into a frenzy. Why were they all ready for this? Why am I not. . .

I want to be a sun bearer. Not a moon child.

"Celina, do you vow to put your faith into this world?" Such a simple question. One to silent the people.

"I do." It is a lie.

"Do you vow to put your strength into the people?" It is far to quite. It bothers me, almost worries me.

"I do."

"Do you vow to sacrifice your soul?" Give up my life source?

No. I do not. "I do."

He takes my hand, pushing the blade against it. Drawing a single drop of my crimson blood.

I am a leader.

The crowd starts to scream my name to the heavens. Some people, nearly in tears. Believing I vowed to all the questions asked.

Yet none of them know, I have lied to them.