Chapter twelve: Samson

Never in my life had a stepped in a building so. . .magnificent. My nation had always been full of dust, a burning sun killing vegetation. Our homes made of mud and straw. All while this land was full of life and water, its homes built of fine stone. I even had a room to myself, large enough to fit my entire home.

I was in complete awe. To think the village boy was in the worlds finest academy. Living a life he had only vaguely heard of. . .

A soft knock pulls me from my thoughts. "Samson." Even through the thick door, her soft voice broke through. Celina. "Samson, we need to talk."

Once I had opened the door, Celina waltzes in. I quickly take notice to her attire, which had changed long since the tour. Now she wears a long navy dress, no sleeves. Showing her pale skin, my heart speeds up a bit. . .

"Samson, did you hear a word I said?" She asks me, drawing me from my thoughts yet again.

"No, I did not." I reply, being honest to the girl before me.

She lets out a soft sigh. "An idiot I swear." She whispers before continuing with what she wished to say. "I was explaining how odd this place felt. Esprit I mean, when Killian brought the two of us within its walls, I felt. . .odd." She looked up at me, her silver hair covering her left eye.

"It's probably not a big deal. Perhaps the new setting made you feel different." Although I had felt the same way. An odd feeling enveloping my body the moment my foot passed the threshold.

"Perhaps. Yet. . .It is strange. Every room is designed for one of us. Either implying that it is meant for a sun bearer, or a moon child." Celina could very well be right. I had not noticed till now, but she had a point.

My room alone was designed for a sun bearer. The walls were the color of my nations mud made homes. The furnishings made of old wood, and the sun would have direct light during the day due to a large skylight.

"Well maybe the rooms have always been like this." I did not want to believe that the leaders and teachers had been watching us. Although there was always that possibility.

"I researched the academy before I came." She told me, and my hope of not being watched shattered. "This academy only used to teach the people spiritual connections. Nothing more but mediation and such, learning the way to your soul. The academy only began to house moon children and sun bearers until, well, now."

"So we're the first?" I ask her, nerves beginning to build up inside me.

"Yes." She says, voice just above a whisper.

"So what does that mean?" I did not wish to think to of this. I had just entered the worlds finest academy. This could not happen, I could not fathom the idea.

"It means they have watched us. That they have something planned for us. Although I have the slightest idea what it is."