Chapter Twenty: Samson

My body grows sore the longer I rest on the freezing ground. A set of chains wraps around my wrists and ankles, binding me to the cramped chambers. The flames of candles around me dance to her echoing screams which flow throughout the entire building, though I can only vaguely hear them.

The situation reminds me of home. Reminds me of the mud house I used to call home. The only few differences being the darkness, and freezing metal on my skin.

"Samson. . .truly a pleasure to meet with you again after all these years apart. . ." A soft feminine voice breaks through Celina's ceaseless screams.

"You sound like someone I know." The words fall from my lips with a sense of frustration.

"Well I would certainly hope so. . .it is quite hard to forget the voice of your own mother. Is it not?" In the dim candle light I see a smirk appear on Miss Yin's  face.

"Mother. . ." My voice holds such disgust as the word itself seems foreign to me. 

"You have grown so much my son! Look at you, just as handsome as your father. Just as smart as your long lost mother. . ." She nears closer to me, reaching her hand out in the process, as if to caress my cheek, the only thing level with her hands.

"You have no right to be calling me your son!" I thrash around, the chains rattling against the frozen stone as I move about. My mother looks at me with a sense of both horror, and awe. "You left me in a hell hole for twelve years! Now you bring to a new one."

Her smirk falls from her thin lips as she turns her head away from me. "That would be correct. The leaders told us it was for the best, I respect their work and I did as I was told. Mr. Yang and I were able to get you, and the girl here-"

"Celina. That girl's name is Celina."

"Well we brought you and Celina here. And we plan to do as the leaders told us to do." Her head is still turned as she opens the door.

"And what did the leaders tell the two of you do?!"

She slams the oak door, a loud thud echos within the walls of my cell. "To kill the last sun bearer and moon child."