Chapter fifteen: Samson

The strange feeling of being in Esprit never leaves. It followers me both day and night, traveling alongside me. Yet it becomes strongest when I am near Mr.Yang and Miss Yin.

I cannot quite explain this feeling. Although it makes my muscles tighten, makes my senses blur just the slightest. . . .does this feeling also follow Celina, or is it just me? This is a thought I have asked myself a countless number of times since our last little talk, for perhaps this feeling we receive is trying to tell us something.

"Mr.Rothmer, Miss Arthmer, dinner is served." Killian says, his hands gesturing to the large meal before us. Although I do pay much attention to the contents of the plate, I am far to focused on attempting to understand this feeling.

Perhaps the feeling is not connected to our bodies at all, but instead to our souls. If that is the case, then it might as well mean nothing. Yet if it was not our soul we might be in great. . .

"Thank you Killian, it is absolutely divine. Samson. . .are you alright?" Celina's voice breaks my train of thought, and when I look up at her I see her face is full of concern.

"Oh, I'm perfectly fine Celina. I am just thinking." I try my best to conceal the uneasiness in my voice.

"Are you sure? You haven't even touched your dinner." She chuckles a bit, pointing her fork at the roast beef and potatoes that lay untouched on my plate.

"I'm fine. . ." I repeat, finally digging my fork into the meal.

"Samson, I don't believe you are alright. I believe we need to talk. Killian, would you mind giving us some privacy?" She asks, blushing just the slightest at the words 'us' and 'privacy'. Though Killian nods at her request, leaving us in the large dinning room.

"Was that necessary?" I ask her, glaring at her in the slightest as I take another bite of my food.

"It was very necessary. I'd like to know what you're thinking about, it seems to be troubling you." She states, pushing her large cedar chair behind her, only to get up and take a seat next to me. "So tell me, what is wrong?"

"Remember when you came to my room, how we talked of the strange feeling we felt here?" She nods in the slightest at my question before I continue. "Well I've been thinking about it. I believe the feeling comes from one of two things. Either it is coming from our souls, and it is just that, a feeling. Or it is our minds trying to tell us something." I turn to her now, my meal no more appealing to me.

"Our best bet is our minds telling us something. What do you think that something is?"

"I've been thinking about that. I am in belief that that something is danger, and that we are in danger." I drop my head in the slightest, for even the thought itself frightens me.

"No. . ." She pinches the bridge of her nose, frustration concealing her face. "No." She repeats, voice stronger and louder than before.

"What. . .? What's wrong?"

"If you're right, that potential danger could kill us! We will not know what it is, and without knowing. . ." Worry laces her words, soon my own thoughts. I put my hands on her shoulders, and she looks at me just the slightest.

"We will not die here Celina. We will be prepared for whatever is coming. We are a sun bearer and moon child, we are the most powerful beings, what could kill us?" I keep my voice strong, for her sake. Yet I do not even believe my own words, so to give her more reassurance, I bring her into my lap, and let her cry.

I let her tears soak my shirt, for those tears are for the both of us.