02 | I

"W-why daddy is g-gone? H-he not l-like Roseanne?" Roseanne asked Ryker with a pained whisper

"W-why daddy is g-gone? H-he not l-like Roseanne?" Roseanne asked Ryker with a pained whisper. After so many years, her father was finally back but he hated her. Just like everyone.

"He will come soon little one. Don't worry. Let's just treat your ouchies first." Ryker tried to comfort her and picked her gently in his arms.

"P-please tell d-daddy s-sorry, R-roseanne n-not a-a b-bad g-girl. I-I swear.." A lone tear rolled down her cheek.

"Wait a minute!" Ryker stopped when a voice yelled behind them. Roseanne froze, suddenly forgetting how to breathe.

Jameson stood there with a fake, polite smile plastered on his face.

"Where are you taking my babydoll?" He asked with a fake concern plastered on his face.

"Oh my! What happened to my dolly?" Ryker frowned when Jameson reached to grab Roseanne from him.

"Who are you?" Ryker asked suspiciously.

"I am Jameson Rafael. Roseanne here in your arms is my daughter.... Well not real daughter but still my stepdaughter..."

"Why is she covering with blood then?"

"Oh. Well I don't know. I have told her thousand times to not to step out of home in night, because of all the dangerous stuffs going around here. But she's a naughty little girl.. She never listens to us." Jameson frowned. He again reached for Roseanne and this time Ryker let him take her. Roseanne was looking pale white as sheet and it seemed like her heart just stopped beating.

"Careful! She's hurt badly.." Ryker exclaimed concerned as he saw her wince when Jameson's hand brushed against her arm.

"Do not worry about it! I am a Doctor. I know how to treat her wounds and cuts.." Jameson smiled a sickening sweet smile and turned around to walk away.

Ryker smiled at Roseanne and waved at her. But he frowned when Roseanne just shed tears out of her eyes in response.

"I think this naughty little girl needs punishment! Huh?" Jameson growled lightly and squeezed her injured arm tightly..

**************** (Two days later)

Roseanne turned to look at the mirror. Her own reflection was terrifying. Bruises and scars covered her pale skin. Her ribs and bones were poking out of her skin and some chunks of her flesh was missing.

Some wounds and broken bones were now healed but not in a good way.

Roseanne heaved a small sigh and brushed her hair away from her face.

"Me is not pretty. Is that why you hate me Daddy?" She whispered, staring at her own reflection.

After stepping out of freezing cold shower, Roseanne grabbed her second pair of old, ripped clothes and pulled them painfully on her body.

Roseanne walked out from the front door of her house after making sure that it was locked. Jameson went to the hospital and it was sure that he wasn't going to come back till midnight. Amara, well she went to club for some early drinks. It wasn't sure if she would be back home tonight or maybe tomorrow or some days later.

For the next few hours, Roseanne was at least allowed to enjoy her freedom. But it wasn't a full freedom because the sickening laughs and pointed looks of people on street remained creeping upon her throughout the whole day.

Roseanne made her way towards the public beach and went towards her secret, comforting place. A big den of rocks enough for three to four people, hidden behind the trees and the eyes of wanderers.

View of big ocean was clear from it which was on the other side. The sound of water flowing and waves hitting was comforting.

Roseanne scrunched her nose up when a smell of cigarette hit her nose. She slowly walked in between the rocks and frowned, looking at the familiar man who was resting in the den. His head on the rock, his eyes closed and a burning cigarette in his fingers.

He looked asleep! Maybe! But Roseanne wasn't sure.

"Daddy?" Roseanne whispered.

She took a seat on the rock a few feet away from him and placed her hands under her chin. Her eyes looked at her father's face curiously. She slowly crawled towards him and sneakily tried to grab his cigarette..

"And what do you think you are doing?" Roseanne shrieked when Alexandros spoke up. His eyes didn't show a hint of amusement. However, clear anger and annoyance were flickering in them.

It scared Roseanne.... But this fear she felt was different from other fears of her life..