03 | S

Roseanne shook her head, afraid from her father's angry look

"What happened to your face?" The little girl could not help but frown at her father's words. She shook her head slowly almost hesitantly.

"Can't you speak?" Alexandros asked with even more annoyance.

"Sorry Daddy.. Not allow to tell." She whispered timidly. Roseanne was shocked after hearing no stutter in her own words.

"Stop calling me that! I am not your fucking father!" Roseanne flinched when he growled.

"Then who is?"

"Not me! Ask your mother.." He rolled his eyes.

Roseanne frowned and looked down at her hands.

"What do you mean you are not allowed?" Alexandros didn't like her being quiet. Something irked inside his chest as he looked at the bruises covering her face and black rings around her eyes.

"M-mommy won't like it.."

"Oh.. Is that so?" Roseanne nodded timidly.

"Can I play here?" She asked shyly.

"Do anything you want. Just don't disturb me..." Alexandros grunted and closed his eyes, his expressions cold.

Roseanne nodded, she didn't mind her father's rude words. For the first time of her life, she was feeling safe in someone's presence.

Roseanne quietly started drawing on the sand with a small stick.

Alexandros when again woke up next time, Roseanne was not anywhere to be seen. His eyes suddenly snapped to the place where she was sitting.

His brows furrowed, when he glanced at the messy drawing on sand. There was what seemed to be like a big bear and on his lap, a small girl was sitting.

Alexandros scoffed when he read the words right under it.

Roseanne love Daddy..

"Roseanne?"

"Oh! It must be her name.."

He rolled his eyes as his hand moved forward to erase Roseanne's creation but he suddenly froze.

He cursed but retracted his hand away.

"Little piece of s-- That thing is playing with me!" He growled and stood up on his feet and walked out from the den with a scowl implanted on his face.

******************

"H-hey Daddy.." Roseanne whispered and took a seat right next to him.

"What are you doing here today again?" Alexandros grunted and sprawled his legs in the small space.

"I-I came t-to meet you Daddy. Want chocalate?" Roseanne asked sweetly and extended forward a small pack of chocolate. The smile on her face was bright.

"It's chocolate, stupid girl!"

"Ow. Sorry Daddy." The girl did not seem to mind.

"Don't you go to school?"

"Nu-uh. Mama say Roseanne is not smart enogh (enough)." Alexandros's brow twitched at her words but didn't comment anything.

"But River teach me sometimes. But now he too is gone to big city." Roseanne pouted.

"He?" Alexandros raised his eyebrow.

"He's my bestfriend.." Roseanne giggled.

Alexandros turned to look away from her.

"W-what happened Daddy? You mad?" Roseanne hesitantly grabbed his hand. Alexandros looked down at it with a small glare and pulled it away from her light grasp.

"I am always mad! So don't anger me!"

Roseanne chewed on her bottom lip slightly for a moment and then nodded.

"Sorry daddy.. Please don't be angry."

There was an uncomfortable silence between both of them. Roseanne was playing with sand and Alexandros was looking at the ocean with a glare planted on his face. After some minutes he finally spoke up.

"How old is that friend of yours?"

"River? He's umm 10..."

"And you are 5-6. There's no match!" Alexandros declared and narrowed his eyes at Roseanne.

"Match? I am 6, daddy." Roseanne scrunched her eyebrows up in confusion.

"Oh whatever! Stop talking already."

"Umm okay Daddy.." Roseanne frowned, obliging her father's command but kept staring at his face.

"Why are you staring at me?" Alexandros grunted.

"Daddy. Why you always angry?" Roseanne whispered.

"Shut up!" Roseanne's bottom lip trembled when he snapped at her.

"Sorry Daddy.. Don't be angry please.."

"Stupid Kid! Always messing with my brain with annoying questions.." Alexandros grumbled to himself and closed his eyes.

A tear slipped down Roseanne's cheek as she silently crawled out from the den.

Alexandros snapped his eyes open when he didn't hear a word from Roseanne. He sighed and looked around the empty den. This time she was not here. He was alone drowning in his own thoughts.

***********

A small, painful giggle escaped past her lips as her tearful eyes looked up at the sky when the rain started pouring down. Droplets of water hit her face and body, washing away traces of blood off her skin but the whole process was painful.

Today, Roseanne had been punished again for being a bad girl. Her mistake was that she accidentally broke a glass. Her cruel mother had brutally slashed her skin with a switch and threw her out of the house in the middle of stormy night.

Roseanne hugged herself tightly, her teeth chattered badly and her small body trembled as she stood in the backyard of her house.

"W-why all h-hate? D-daddy h-hate Roseanne.. Roseanne is bad bad girl.." She cried.

Some more minutes passed, her balance stumbled and her vision blackened for a moment when suddenly her ears perked up slightly. A loud rumble of bike reached her ears following by a loud boom of thunder.

Within the same second, her small body fell limply in the pool of water that was at her feet. Her eyes blinked lightly barely catching the glimpse of her father, on his bike and passing her house.

"Daddy.." A small whisper slipped past her lips and her eyes closed slowly.

Alexandros clutched the breaks hard and stopped the bike in the middle of road.

Other bikes also stopped. Ryker yelled loudly because of the heavy rain.

"What happened Boss?"

"Don't know! But I felt like someone is calling me.."

Ryker chuckled at his bestfriend's words..

"There is no one and we didn't hear anything. You are just imagining things."

Alexandros sighed.

"Maybe.. That's why I dislike this town.. We have to finish our business here early so we can get the fuck out of this shitty place!" A small growl rumbled in the back of his throat.

With that, the bikes drove out in heavy rain.