001 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘

Early morning, Giyuu is currently under the training of Sakonji Urodoki and Sabito is his accomplice.

"Giyuu head out to the nearby town and buy some rice grains for tonight's dinner. I'll give you the money."

Taking a handful of yen and putting it in his Haori pouch, he headed out to the town to buy the rice grains.

He still had some leftover money and Urodoki wouldn't mind if he splurged a bit and spent it on some other items so he explored the village deeper than usual.

After walking past multiple vendors and he found himself passing by an alleyway, where a beautiful girl stood shook in fear.

The thing that was scaring her? A small furry dog. Pretty harmless. The thing was just barking at her, perhaps for food or whatever it wants.

He came in and shooed away the dog, and helped the girl up.

"Thank you..I'm kinda afraid of animals." she rubbed her neck in relief.

He observed her face and hair details for a moment. Wondering why her hair was stained such a peculiar yet mesmerizing color.

"What's your name? My names Giyuu!"

"Oh..ah, my names Shinobu.."

"I come by this village often, maybe we'll see each other around..! I live kinda far though.. Well it was nice meeting you!" The boy dashed away after waving goodbye.

"See you around too..!" Flustered, her heart almost skipped a beat.

~~

On his way home, he keep rethinking about what happened. Every time noticing every detail he missed when he actually saw her.

The way her fringe was shaped so uniquely, and how her eyes were like a dolls. Even noticing her flower print kimono which was elegant despite whatever her social status was.

And the most important detail that stood out to him, which was how she did her hair in a updo. Embellished with a butterfly hair pin that matched the colors of her eyes and hair.

~
"Urodoki-san I'm home! I brought many types of rice grain! We'll have a fulfilling dinner tonight!" He smiled brightly.

That night he could barely fall asleep, despite the abrupt training he has to deal with everyday. He kept thinking of a excuse to go the village again tomorrow in hopes of seeing that girl.

~

"Urodoki we're out of eggs! Can I head to the market to grab some for dinner?" He tried his best not to sound suspicious.

After some pleading Sakonji agreed and the boy was quickly out the door.

He stopped by every vendor, observing carefully. She sticks out from the crowd so it won't be too hard to find her. If, of course she's out in the village right now.

On the other hand, Shinobu was also out on a search looking for him. She was really shaken after that kind action he did the other day and wanted to repay him. She had brought him a gift that she made herself, a small stuffed bear that she hand sewed and tied with a bow around its neck.  She had also gotten him a gift box full of rich medicines and ginseng.

Of course the medicines were supplied from her families pharmacy business.

After both of them losing hope and started to head back, her butterfly pin stood out to him in a large crowd of people passing by.

Scooting through, he lightly tapped her shoulder.

"I was looking for you!"

The girl and boy said at the same time.  They giggled and started walking together.

"I got you these for uh, well helping me..!" She shyly handing him the gift box and teddy bear.

"Oh..thank you! This is very nice of you!" He smiled  gratefully.

"Well uh, it's not big deal. Thanks.." Shinobu reports nonchalantly out of pride.

Still holding his smile, "Let's be friends! Also what's your last name?"

"It's Kocho.."

"Kocho...like a butterfly! That's super cool! Mines Tomioka!"

"Well-" Before she could speak, she got interrupted.

"Giyuu, what are you doing!?!" Urodoki had come down to the town himself since he was taking so long.

"Oh! I have to go now!! That's uhm- My grandfather!! Bye!!" He quickly ran off and started running home away from Sakonji knowing he was in trouble.

He had fun of course that morning, unfortunately later that day he had to swing his sword 2000 times instead of 1000 and did 2x amount of
push-ups. All because he went to go frolic around with a girl.