002 || 𝐈𝐅 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘

!mentions of death!

He shrugged awake, seeing a familiar face hover above him as he felt bandage being wrapped around his head.

"You're awake!" She smiled with a happy tear.

Realizing he was inside of final selection, "What day of final selection is it..?"

"It's the 7th, I don't know what happened to you but your head got hit really hard in the back. Most likely blunt force trauma." She finished wrapping his head and helped him sit up straight.

"Wait wheres sabito..?"

"Who?"

"My friend..he came here with me and- and.."

"I'm not sure who you're talking about, but what did he look like?"

"He has peach blonde hair and he wears a green and yellow kimono print..have you seen him?!"

Still not knowing who he was talking about, they soon stood up together and walked throughout the forest trying to find him.

Eventually they found him, unconscious.

"Sabito..! Is he alright!?!" Giyuu questioned as she examined him throughly.

"He's..he's..gone."

"Can you save him!?! Please he's my best friend!" He begged and begged, eventually crying outing of frustration and pain.

"I'm sorry..I'm only a rookie but even if I was a professional I don't think I could've saved him.." She cried out alongside him, out of pity and her being unable to save him.

They sulked for hours until Kakushi arrived. They wrapped up his body, and gave giyuu the part of his kimono that was green and yellow out of his request.

The two still passed the test despite sitting inside the forest for hours later.

After the body was taken carry of, Shinobu was nowhere to be spotted. She ran off disappointed in herself from not being able to save him.

That was the last time the two saw each other, until much time later.