005 || 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐄

Morning after, Giyuu woke up from the smell of freshly brewed coffee.

Shinobu had been toasting fresh coffee beans over the. furnace and began brewing them. She had also taught Kanroji how to toast and brew fresh coffee beans since she loves western food.

He entered the kitchen shyly, tension connected between them due to the night before. Awkward tension.

Something about his sophisticated glare killed her inside.

"I just brewed some coffee, would you like a cup?"

Pouring him a glass, he stared intensely at her. Creating a nerve breaking wall surrounding her. From her gently pouring the coffee, and stirring a sugar cube inside of it.

"How do you like your coffee?" She smiled trying to break the awkward energy.

"I like it like how I like my women."

"wh.." She stuttered and stood their eye widened.

He pulled her closer to him, their lips only a inch of away from touching. He breathed heavily onto her neck.

"I like it sweet..a bit sadistic. And maybe some creamer to represent honesty."

He let go of her after holding her close so tightly, she was astonished from the tease he just pulled.

"..so extra creamer?"

She poured the cream in and handed him the cup. "It's tasty. Could you pour me some more after I finish this glass?"

"..mhm." The tension got uncomfortably awkward again as she just stood there watching him slowly drink his hot drink.

Eventually he finished the drink, that eventually felt like a decade minimum though.

She poured him another glass, followed by creamer and another sugar cube.

He took a sip, then proceeded to step closer to her.

He grabbed her framer her back and pulled her close again, this time making their stomachs and abdomen touch.

"Giyuu-"

"Why were you upset last night?"

"It's really none of your business." Her sweetheart tone returned.

"Even so, I'd like to know."

"I won't tell you."

"Tell me." His voice became hoarse.

"Or else what?"

"I'll kiss you."

Speechless. First time he ever caught her off guard in such a way. She tried to push him away but his arm that wasn't injured kept getting tighter until she eventually gave up.

"Okay okay I'll tell you, can you let go now?"

He stood still, staring intensely into her purple eyes.

"We can discuss it in my room, please let go one of the girls might walk in." She whispered with some slight pleading in her voice.

"It's sorta uhm, a long story."

His grip on her back waist got tighter.

Aoi happened to walk in the room. "wh- ARE YOU GUYS MAKING OUT!?"

He immediately dropped his grip, "It's not like that!" Shinobu retorted.

"Seriously in the kitchen!? I've already seen Kanao and Tanjiro go on a garden date and Zensitu and nezuko share a patient bed, please no more romance in this household!" She slammed the door behind her on the way out.

"Aoi-"

"We'll talk later." She left and slammed the door as well.

~

Some time later, Giyuu found himself back into the patient room journaling. He has countless journals from the past 5 years. All containing boring things that he did throughout his slayer days.

Such as, "I had salmon daikon today." End of chapter. "I slayed 5 demons today." End of chapter. It was kinda wasting paper but explained why he owned so many journals.

But today, he didn't know what to write down. Even for a small short sentence he didn't know what to write.

"Fluttering butterfly." He wrote down. Not really knowing why, nor it making sense. It just felt right.

Soon Shinobu came back into the room with his medicine.

"Can you talk now? We're alone."

"Just meet me at our usually spot tonight. Now take your medicine." She gave him a spoon of it in his mouth like a little kid.

Smiling, she ruffled his hair as if she was his Mother before leaving the room once again.

That gesture alone made him whip out his notebook again and scribble out what he wrote before. And instead wrote "She ruffled my hair today."