𝐯𝐢𝐢.

———————————

Their faces were almost emotionless.Not a feeling visible.
Her mother's eyes had something different though.

It was...what was it?Almost something like sympathy?Or pity?

She couldn't figure it out.She will.Soon.But from the way her mother acts it's important.More than the other meetings they had.

Winona's voice brings her attention back to them.

"So...your father and I-well we talked and made a decision.We hope you can understand the situation here—"

"We think it's time for us to find you a fiance.And before you start with your protests you should know that this will benefit us and our community and besides you are already at the appropriate age of marriage."

So that's what this was about?At least her mother still had a heart.But nonetheless she agreed with him.

This is another thing she has to do.She can't say no.

And she doesn't think of herself as married.Not just yet.She hasn't found the one person for her.

El already lives a life she doesn't really wants and this is another step she has to take till she is completely empty inside.

Sometimes she gets it but most of them she wishes she was anything else.

Oh, how magnificent would it feel.Anything else would be better than what she is now.Life would be simple and full of happiness and light.

But not even her mother could go against her father or everything before him.

"Can I have some time to think about it?"

She already knew what would he say.Still she hoped for more but of course-

"You don't really have anything to think about.Its already settled.I will give you further information about it when the time comes."

And just like that whatever thought she had is gone.Eleanor Hopper is a victim of her own fate.

Her mother still looks at her with pleading eyes.She feels sorry for what her daughter has to face.
At least one of the two cares about her.

"You are dismissed."

She got up without second thought.Its not like she wanted to be there to begin with.

She decided the gardens would be just fine to calm her down.

She slowly walked through the grass until she reached her lovely tree beside the lake with Mike following behing quietly.

And once her fingers touched the grass she instantly felt relaxed.

It was beautiful outside.More than the other times.It was something lingering in the air.She found herself looking at every detail around her trying to figure out what made her feel warm suddenly.

She almost didn't notice Mike looking her way waiting patiently for her to say something.

"What?"

He shook his head as if waking out of a trance."Are you okay?I mean.. you didn't seem fine back there."

She was surprised to hear this.Mike actually is starting to care about her?Maybe he really wants to be her friend too.

But she wasn't ready to talk to him about all the things that bothered her.They don't know each other enough to open their hearts and minds without something holding them back from that pretty big step.

And she wouldn't exactly feel good if she became an unnecessary burden to him or to anyone.

"I'm fine." a complete big lie.Thats what she said to the few people that cared enough to ask about her feelings.

Eleanor Hopper was perfect.The perfect daughter and the perfect young lady.At least thats what everyone saw or thats what her parents made her appear.

She couldn't show weakness to anyone and of course not to Mike.Her father would be furious if he knew about it.

"Are you sure?"

How can one quation makes you want to spill everything inside of you?To scream out all your frustration?

Mike seems caring and gentle.
Like no other boy she has met before.And that makes her crazy.She wants to get to know him so bad.Though she doesn't know how being attached to a person is completely good.

"Yes Mike.I'm completely sure."

He keeps giving her reasons for them to be all friendly and caring.But he doesn't seem to understand that her life is just too messed up to let more people in it.

And after that he doesn't say anything else for now.He looks around just like her enjoying the light breeze and the sounds of  scenery.

Maybe he is not that one important person like all the nobles around there or the princess beside him but he wouldn't have it any other way.

With them alone under the sun and his thoughts finally into a halt.

How could he think of anything else when he has her beside him?Its strange how whenever she is there he just stops caring about anything else lately.

Though he senses she is lying to him about her being okay when he was sure he saw her ready to start shouting when she stormed out earlier.Does she not trust him at all?Was he just some boy paid to follow her around?

He thought they had crossed that invisible line just last night when they let themselves free at night running around like some little kids.

He cares about her though.And he will do everything in him to make her trust him.She wasn't a spoiled brat or an ungrateful little princess.She was diferent and he couln't wait to know more.

And when he relaxed his body
his fingers lightly touched hers.
It made him look up worried he
made her feel uncomfortable.

Oh god now she won't even look me in the eye

Her eyes were wide just like his.She was smiling nervously not to show how shy she got just by him touching her hand.Though she didn't say anything to stop him.

So he didn't.He let their fingers almost interlocked feeling the same butterflies as her.

Almost there.Almost warmth together.

How can one person make you flustered in such a short time?

Hi again.So things have changed huh?

Maybe its too early?But I can't help it.I just want a tragic romance and all.So bear with me...

And I wanted this story to have like fifteen chapters?But I will see.Though updates will still be slow.Sorry but mu teachers are just assholes (its true).

See ya next chap❤💕💓

  ~Rafaela