Part 18

'I'm sorry.' Lexa whispered. 'Lexa this all is very new to you. I understand.' Clarke says. 'I'm going out with Octavia and Raven tonight. Are you going to be okay?' Clarke asks. 'Yeah.' Lexa says. Clarke wraps her arm around Lexa. 'You sure?' Clarke asks. 'Yeah.' Lexa says. 'When this is all over I'm taking you with me.' Clarke says. And it's really all Clarke wants. Take Lexa out in public. She wants everyone to know they're together. She wants to go on dates with Lexa and not just hide from the public. She doesn't want to hide her and Lexa. Hiding is all Lexa knows. She goes out in public to be invisible. She goes out in public to do her job. To please her dad. She wants to change that but she can't. She knows she'll always be seen as a serial killer. She wants to try for Clarke, but deep down she knows it won't work out anyway. But trying for Clarke is all she can do now. She can't break the girl's heart.

'So, you and Lexa are still okay?' Raven asks. Clarke's been a little distracted all night. 'Hello Clarke?' 'Huh sorry.' Clarke says. 'I asked if you and Lexa are still okay.' Raven says. 'Yeah we're okay, but it's hard.' Clarke says. 'Explain.' Octavia says. 'Well sometimes she gets these ideas that it will never work and apparently Finn paid her a visit yesterday.' Clarke says. 'Well I mean it's gonna be hard, but I think if you both work hard for it, it will work out.' Raven says. 'Yeah.' Octavia says. 'I know, but sometimes I feel like she doesn't really want this.' Clarke says. 'I saw the way she looks at you Clarke. She wants you. Just have a little faith.' Octavia says. 'I have nothing more than a little faith, but I need a little confirmation.' Clarke says. 'I can't waste anymore time on someone that doesn't want the same as I do.' Clarke says. 'Niylah.' Raven says. 'Exactly.' Clarke says.

'I told you to stay away from her.' Clarke has heard this voice before, but strangely Octavia did too. Clarke turned around and saw the same man standing behind her who had been in her hotel room in Hawaii. 'I don't know what you're talking about.' Clarke says. 'I have to kill my own sister because of you.' The man says. 'Who are you?' Clarke asks. 'Lincoln Woods. Does that ring a bell.' It didn't ring a bell for Clarke, but Octavia connected the dots. 'Lincoln?' Octavia asks. Lincoln's expression changed into pure shock. 'Octavia?' He asked. 'How. You were dead. I buried you!' Octavia shouted. 'Hold on you know him?' Raven asks. 'Yes he's my dead husband.' Octavia says. 'And Lexa is your sister?' Clarke asks. 'Yes she is.' Lincoln says. 'And you have to stay away from her, but that will be no problem after I have to do what my father told me.' Lincoln says. 'Wow wow wow you're not going to kill her.' Clarke says. 'You don't understand.' Lincoln says. 'I know your dad will hire some assassin to take you out, but the fbi can protect you if you're willing to testify against him.' Clarke says. 'And how would you know. You got fired.' Lincoln scoffed. 'Yes but they didn't.' Clarke says. Lincoln approached Octavia. He laid one hand on her cheek. 'I'm sorry Octavia.' He whispered.

~

Four years ago...

"In loving memory of Lincoln Woods. Proud husband and friend to many people." Octavia dropped on her knees in front of his grave. Everyone went home after the funeral but Octavia stayed. She couldn't leave his grave. She never left his side. She stood by him through everything.

~

'Wait!' Clarke shouted. He didn't hear her. He left the bar on his way to Lexa. 'I have to go.' Clarke says. 'Go we will be right behind you.' Raven says. 'We'll stop by the office and get our guns.' Raven says. 'No the fbi can't know.' Clarke says. 'Got it.' Octavia says. 'This family is bringing us a lot of trouble.' Raven says. Octavia chuckled. 'Tell me about it.' Octavia says. 'So you were married huh?' Raven teases. 'Yeah it was right before I started working at the fbi.' Octavia says. 'Look we'll talk about this later.' Octavia says. Raven nods. 'We gotta save Lexa first.' Raven says. Octavia chuckles.

Clarke opened the door. 'Lincoln put that gun down.' Clarke says. 'Clarke.' Lexa says. She looks shocked and relieved at the same time. Lincoln puts his finger on the trigger. A single tear escapes his eye. 'I'm sorry Lexa.' Lincoln says. 'No!' Clarke shouts. She grabs the gun and the bullet ends up in one of the walls. She points it at Lincoln. 'You told me to stay away from her. How about you stay away from her.' Clarke says. 'Okay okay. I'll never come near her again.' Lincoln says after a while. Clarke gives the gun back to Lincoln and he tries to leave the apartment when he sees an unexpected guest.