2.7/The Longest Day

A/N: Sorry for such a short chapter but here you go :)

•••

"Hurry up! I have to pee!" Jesus yelled banging on the bathroom door.

"Go downstairs!" Mariana yelled back.

"Judes in the bathroom downstairs!" He said.

"Jesus, would you stop yelling?" You yelled from your room. You've spent the whole night before rearranging your room. Your bed was on the opposite wall, your dresser as well. You took down old posters and put up some new pictures you had printed. It's still not right. You grabbed your beach bag and left your room.

"Let's go! Your fifteen minutes was up like fifteen minutes ago!" Jesus said still banging as you passed him and headed to stop mom as she was on her way to her room.

"Hey, mom. Do you think I could paint my room?" You asked.

"I don't see why not. Any particular reason?" She asked.

"I just want something different, is all." You said.

"Okay, we can get some paint this week. Whatever you'd like my love." She said.

"Mom, tell Mariana to get out she's way past her time." Jesus whined.

"You two are old enough to work it out on your own." Mom said before heading back to her room.

"Fine. I'll finish in my bedroom. Don't say I never did anything for you." Mariana said leaving the restroom.

"Thank you. You're a real saint." Jesus said.

"Alright let's go people. Taxi's leaving in two minutes!" Mom called as you were already heading downstairs. You grabbed an apple and headed for the door.

•••

"Okay, you girls have fun. I'll pick you up around three. You have money for lunch?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, Mama gave me some this morning. Bye." You smiled stepping out of the car with Hannah in whom Mom had picked up.

"Bye, I love you. Stay safe." Mom said. "And have fun."

"We will." You said. "Love you too."

"Bye Stef! Thanks for the ride." Hannah smiled.

"Of course. Bye guys." With that mom drove away.

You found a spot on the beach and set your bag down. You laid a towel out on the ground as Hannah did the same only next to you.

"I really hope there are some cute guys out today." Hannah said.

"Your brain is a never ending loop of boys." You teased.

"I can't help it. It's just how I'm wired." She said.

"Yeah, okay." You laughed. You took your clothes off, because your swimsuit was underneath, and got ready to get in the water.

•••

"Okay, do not blame that on me." You laughed as the two of you got out of the water and back up to your spot.

"Oh, so you didn't duck and let that guys foot ball hit me in the face?" She laughed as you grabbed your towels.

"Hey guys." Sam said as he and a few of his friends approached the two of you.

"Hey." You said still dabbing your face with your towel.

"We're heading down to the beach net if you guys wanna play some volley ball." Sam offered.

"Oh, uh..." you looked to Hannah who nodded. "Okay, yeah. We'll grab our stuff and meet you down there."

"Okay, cool." Sam said as the group walked away.

"Speaking of cute boys." Hannah said grabbing her things.

"Who Sam? You're still on that?" You asked as you picked up your bag.

"Yes, Sam. I know you're not ready for anything new but it can't hurt to look." She smiled mischievously.

"I mean, you're not wrong." You said as the two of you now walked.

"And did you see Ricky Hernandez without a shirt? I mean come on." She said.

"Ricky Hernandez? Since when do you like Ricky Hernandez?" You laughed at your boy obsessed friend.

"I said nothing about like, but that boy is insanely hot." She said.

"You think every boy shirtless is "insanely hot"." You teased.

"True. But boy am I glad that we're playing volleyball with them." She said.

•••

"That was a lot of fun. I never knew how good you were. Or competitive for that matter." Sam said to you as everyone picked up and began to head out.

"Oh, yeah, I've been playing for years." You said.

"Why aren't you on the team anymore?" He asked.

"Well, volley ball seasons pretty much over and by the time that I came back to school the teams spots were all filled up." You told him.

"Wow, that sucks." He said.

"I mean, yeah but I'll play next year. I'm also thinking about doing basketball." You said.

"You play basketball?" He asked.

"I do, I just haven't played much at school." You admitted.

"We should play some time." He said.

"Yeah, we should." You smiled. "I'm really glad that we're friends, you know. You're pretty cool."

"Me too. You know, I used to have this massive crush on you." He admitted.

"What?" You asked.

"Yeah, back in like, sixth grade. Lasted a couple years actually." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"And you never said anything?" You asked.

"I guess I was too scared. You know, you're like super intimidating." He said.

"I am not!" You laughed.

"Yeah, you are. You're super pretty, good at literally anything you try, and you're cool without trying." He blushed.

"I cannot believe you find me intimidating." You said. "However, I appreciate everything you just said."

"Plus, you have two older brothers that go to our school one of them being Jesus." He said.

"You should've said something." You told him.

"Would it have made a difference? I mean, you dated Dylan, I dated Jess. I guess everything happens for a reason." He said.

"Yeah..." you sighed.

"Hey, I don't mean to interrupt but your moms waiting on us." Hannah said now in front of you.

"Oh, I better go. I'll see you at school." You said sending him a small wave.

"Yeah, later." He said.

"Okay, tell me everything." Hannah said as you walked to the car.

"I'll tell you at my house. I love my mom but I don't want her being nosy about this." You told her.

Maybe you did like Sam. It's really confusing being a teenager.