Waking up

You wake up unaware of your surroundings. You're in an extremely uncomfortable bed. You look around the room to see tiled, empty walls, as well as rustic wood flooring.

As your gaze searches the room, you find the door. You quickly get out of bed, not even bothered by how cold the floor was. You twist the knob several times but it won't budge. It's locked from the outside.

You look around the room, terrified. It was empty other than a bed and a dresser. You head to the dresser to search the drawers, but you find that they are all empty, but one.

In the last drawer you opened, you find a key. You find it rather odd to keep a key in the drawer of a locked room. It was worth a try.

You try to use the key unlock the door, and to your surprise, it works. You then, very hesitantly, open the door. Looking down, you see a box...with your name on it.

After opening the box, you find that it is completely empty except for a picture and a note. The picture is of what you  assume is you when you were about two. You were held by a woman. You've never seen a picture of you this young, but you just know.

The note read as follows:

"Dearest sister,
Your room awaits at the end of the hall. Walk all the way down and turn left. I believe you'll like what you see. All I want is for you to feel at home.
Xoxo, James

You quickly walked back into the room, slamming the door shut behind you. Still having the key, you locked the door and paced the room. You still held on to the picture, staring at it, memorizing it. What if this was your mother?

Sitting back on the bed, you hug your knees close to your chest. So many thoughts flushed through your mind all at the same time.

Where is he? Is he watching me right now? How worried is everyone right now?  Will they be able to find me? Where am I?

All of a sudden the lights went out. You pulled the blankets over you, terrified of what might happen. Then you heard what sounded like an intercom speaker, except no one spoke, just heavy breathing.

You were too scared to move, too scared to scream. You just lay there, hiding under the blanket. The breathing was then interrupted by an obnoxious screeching sound. After a moment, everything was silent.

You hoped, and hoped that the lights would come back on...but nothing happened. After laying there for what felt like hours, a green light turned on by the door.

It took every ounce of courage in your body to go over to the light, but you did it. There was a folded piece of paper slid under the door.

Once you picked the paper up, the lights flashed on instantly. The paper read:

Follow the directions. Good girls get rewarded, bad girls get disciplined.

"What do you want from me?!" You screamed. You hit the door in anger. You knew what you had to do. You had to leave the room.

You grabbed the key, as well as the picture, and did as you were told. The hallway was long, and narrow. Wherever you were, you were sure that you'd never been here before.

At the end of the hallway, you found a door to the left. You twisted the handle finding it was unlocked. After hesitantly opening the door, you were in shock by what you found.

This room looked exactly like your room at home, it was unbelievable. The only difference was that the walls were covered in pictures. There was the same girl in every picture: you. There were several with the same woman from the one you held in your hand.

Some of the pictures were of you and other children; two girls and two boys. Everyone looked happy. As you continued through the room, you found one picture that stood out. You were with a man, possibly your dad. The two of you looked so close, and happy.

Interrupting you from your thoughts came a knock on the door. You searched the room for something to use as a weapon, but you found nothing.

"Y/n?" You heard.

You ran to the door in attempt to lock it, but you stopped in your tracks when the door began to open.

"Look, I know you're scared, and I know that this is a lot to take in, but I promise, it will only go up from here." He said closing the door behind him.

"W-why am I here? What do you want?" You asked in a shaky voice.

"I want.." He started. "I want us to be a family, like old times." He said gesturing to the pictures.

"I have a family. My family loves me." You told him.

"Don't, talk about them. I am your family. I love you. "

"My mom's a cop you know. She will find me." You said. "She won't give up until she does."

"I suggest you stop right there." His voice turned stern, and frightening.

"You are not, and will never be, my family. You're going to rot in prison, where you belong." You said with more confidence than you felt.

"I warned you." He said. "Bad girls must be disciplined."

You started regretting ever opening your mouth. You watched as he pulled a tiny remote out of his pocket. He pressed a button that made it go dark again. You were worried about what he was going to do and before you even had time to think of your next move you felt him grab you.

You tried to fight his grasp, but his hold was too strong. You started hitting and kicking, and before you knew it there was an extremely painful shock in your abdoman. He'd tased you.

You stopped squirming and held the spot that had just been tased. You felt the tears falling down your face.

James took you into this room where he set you onto a table. You wanted to get up and run, but you were hurt and it would take a lot to get up right now.

You looked up to see him walking towards you. You tried to get up, but by the time you could even sit up he had already made it to the table and stuck a needle in your arm.

After a moment you felt drowsy. James laid you back down, very gently. You looked at him one last time before you were out.