* A Guy Like Him *

" S-sure... I promise"

" Good, and do keep your word y/n "

_________________________________

Hawks continued to hold y/n in a tight embrace, they started to feel a bit... Uneasy... It wasn't an 'I feel sick, I need to go home' no no no, it was a sickening feeling, like ' Oh shit, something bad is going to happen ' type of feeling.

And this feeling isn't something new either... this same feeling happened when they were on the rooftop with Hawks, though they said nothing of the feeling and brushed it off since they were starving that day.

"Hawks, You can let go of me now," Y/n said as they tried to wiggle out of Hawks' grasp being careful not to drop the bags of food they had in hand. Hawks reluctantly gave into y/n feeble attempts to escape his embrace and let go of their figure.

Shuffling back a bit from Hawks, they shifted the bags to one hand and they reached into their pocket to grab their phone.

"Damn it's getting kinda late... I should head back to my apartment" y/n said, slipping their phone back into their skirt pocket.

Hawks returned from his slight daze, smiling cheekily as he wrapped an arm around y/n's waist, pushing them along as they walked.

'It's only 8:56... Why are they in such a rush? '
Hawks thought to himself as he glanced over to y/n's surprised and slightly panicking figure.

"Hey hey, where are we going?" y/n said as they calmed themselves down, looking to Hawks, adjusting the bags of food they held in their arms, feeling the heat start to knick at their skin.

"What?! No no no... I'm going to have to decline your offer" They said stepping up ahead and stopping in front of Hawks.

A hint of annoyance glistened in Hawks' eyes, his heart and body feeling impatient. He wanted to have them, in his arms, with him, to see their smile, to hear their laugh that only he could bring out. The love that only he could share with them.

Even if his love is a bit more twisted than what love would normally look like to a person.

He just wanted THEM

all to himself

Nothing more, nothing less

They were his only thing keeping him going at this point in this corrupted and broken society of hero's. So of course he was a bit annoyed they rejected his offer, he just wanted them safe... Safe within the confinements of his little "bird's nest" well...