*Crimson feather*

It was a Sunday afternoon, the beautiful sun shining in the sky, the clouds as fluffy as can be, the nice blue sky... And a major headache too for y/n

Y/N gave a loud groan as they starting to wake up. They rolled on their side to avoid the sunlight that was shining through the curtains. They finally gave into not being able to go back to sleep and sat up along with rubbing their tried eyes.

They got up and walked around their apartment, stumbling into walls due to their drowsiness. They finally made it into the kitchen and fixed up their morning (Coffee, Tea, hot cocoa, etc.) they looked around the living room and kitchen area as the cattle boiled.

Y/n then gave a sigh as they gazed at their messy apartment floor covered in papers, pencils, books, paint, brushes, canvasses, pillows and paint water cups.

"Damn... I need get out more, this is unhealthy"
They said to themselves, as they started picking up the paint water cups so they don't accidentally drink one of them.

"But I still have a few more paintings left to finish....or we could go out for inspiration??"
They paused for a moment and scratched the back of their head.

"... I know procrastination isn't the answer but still..."

They argued with themselves as they poured out the water into the drain. Refilling the cups with dish soap and water, allowing the cups to soak in it.

A few minutes later the kettle started boiling and the high pitched sound filled the kitchen. They walked over and took the kettle off an poured the boiling water into a mug. After stirring in the mug for a few minutes, they took a light sip from the mug and had a small smile creeped onto their lips.

"This is what mornings should feel like sometimes. Warm, fluffy, soft and..."
They said as they trailed off to take another sip

"..Peaceful.."

Peaceful was rare especially in this new world of quirks, all kinds of very flashy, very destructive, and various types of quirks. The quirks now-a-days are a lot more flashy probably more destructive if you think so yourself. Y/n wasn't given much of so called "flashy enough quirk" as some kids would say it was.

Their quirk wasn't too special to say the least, it was a drawing quirk. Whatever Y/n would draw, doodle or paint would be able to move or come to life within the canvas. Y/n had a habit to doodle and such which would make being lonely probably seem like child's play compared how things were for y/n.

They didn't had much friends growing up, nor did their parents really help with it either. Father was 'away overseas' while mother well she wasn't really home much. Ya know, here work, having to pay the bills, put food on the table ya know? Not much time for family.

So when y/n finally had their quirk show up they didn't feel as lonely in their house anymore, well... Company wise.

" I should go out today... Get some fresh air, besides I can't stay in this apartment forever. Also I need inspiration for this one piece"

They said to themselves as they took a sip from their mug.
They gazed put the window of their apartment down at the streets. They didn't mind having an apartment, it was better then being lonely in a house for about 17 years. Now that they're 23 and almost finished with college, things were looking up for them.

They got changed quickly, and grabbed their sketch pad from the table, going through their bag for keys, phone and wallet.

They walked out their apartment and locked the door behind them for safety reasons of course and made their way to a small cafe they frequented... And I ӉЄ also knew that detail as well...

'T̶h̶i̶s̶ i̶s̶ p̶e̶r̶f̶e̶c̶t̶, w̶e̶'l̶l̶ f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ m̶e̶e̶t̶ o̶n̶ "n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶" c̶i̶r̶c̶u̶m̶s̶t̶a̶n̶c̶e̶s̶'

He thought to himself as he dropped something with a smirk....

𝓪 𝓯𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻

Y/N continued to have a bit of artist block for a while as they rested their elbow on their knee, staring at the somewhat complete canvas page. Until a 𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓶𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓻𝓮𝓭 feather landed on the table they say at... They looked around cautiously as they picked up the beautiful feather.

They gave it a good long look in administration, the color 𝓡𝓔𝓓, such a romantic color isn't it... red represents many many things romance, love, fall, and...

"oh! So that's where that feather went to"
A voice called out causing Y/N's anxiety in their chest to rise up.

Y/N shot their head straight up from the feather as they met with golden brown eyes. Their mouth went a gape when they saw that the number 2 pro hero Hawks was standing in front of them.

"O-oh? So this is one of your feathers..... Hawks?"

They managed to say staring up at him as their e/c eyes made their way to his crimson red wings.

Hawks looked to the flustered person in front of him and gave a chuckle

"Woah there little birdy, sorry for dropping in on you I didn't mean any harm, I came to retrieve a stray feather.."

"Oh.."
Y/N said looking to the feather in their hand as they reached out to hand it to him until hawk's gaze met with their sketch book sitting on their thighs

"Woah... You're really talented there umm.."
The man started trailing off as he closed his wings, walking to their side and gave another chuckle

"I'm sorry to ask but what are your pronouns? I have an aquantince of mine that's umm non-binary? I think, so I'm trying to be polite.." he finished rubbing the back of his neck

'h̶o̶p̶e̶ t̶h̶i̶s̶ d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'t̶ c̶o̶m̶e̶ o̶f̶f̶ a̶s̶ s̶u̶s̶p̶i̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ t̶o̶ t̶h̶e̶m̶... e̶v̶e̶n̶ i̶f̶ I̶ a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ k̶n̶o̶w̶ t̶h̶e̶ a̶n̶s̶w̶e̶r̶ t̶o̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶'

Y/N became a dark red out of embarrassment? Flattery? Or was it that he was trying to actually be respectful?

"Umm"

They started glancing away from Hawks gaze upon them.

"I-it doesn't really matter to me... I- I'm gender fluid...but umm"
They fittled with a colored bracelet they had on and looked back up to the honey blonde male

"I w-wear a colored bracelet t-to show what pronouns like today it's they/ them.."

They stammered as they felt hawk's gloved hand against theirs, softly caressing their hand and pushing it towards their chest

"You keep it little birdy"
He insisted

"What!? No no no, I can't take it... Don't you need it for your quirk?"
They said, frantically moving their hands and head in denial

"No.. It's alright little birdy, I'll be off now.. Til we meet again"
And with that Hawks spreads open his red wings and flies off, leaving Y/N in awe.

'D̶a̶m̶m̶i̶t̶, I̶ s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶'v̶e̶ h̶e̶l̶d̶ t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ h̶a̶n̶d̶ l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶'

Y/N sat there as almost everyone from inside and outside the café watched them. They looked down to the feather they had in hand. They placed the feather on the page they were working on and closed it

"That was... Interesting"
They mumbled to themselves as the sunk themselves into their chair as their usually Iced coffee w/ the surprise mochi rice cake.

____________________________________

I hope y'all enjoyed this beginning part
😅 .... I know it doesn't seem right at first and stuff but hey, it's what I thought and yeah
It took me a while to come up with the backstory for reader and not make it sound like SUPER depressing. I tried my best to stay as close as I could with Hawk's character from both the manga and anime so yeah, I'm trying my best! 😔 If you have any questions leave it down in the comments and if you have any feedback feel free to tell me alright?? Oki!! Thanks (*'ڡ'●)