Chapter 8

"Someone come and, someone come and save my life
Maybe I'll sleep when I am dead but now it's like the night is taking sides
And all the worries that occupy the back of my mind
Could it be, this misery will suffice"

Dallas

It's not even minutes after resting my head on my pillow and shutting my eyes that they shoot back open at a sudden string of noises coming from the tent just 20 feet away from ours.

I can't quite make it out at first. I pull my blanket off and sit up as if doing so will make it easier to hear, and I soon wish I hadn't. Twigs snapping, sleeping bags rustling, movement against walls of a tent— wait.

Is that...

... Carson moaning?

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

"Fuck, Niall, just like that..."

My eyes widen and I clasp a hand over my mouth in utter surprise and to stifle the small gasp I let out.

Well, that didn't take them very long did it?

I take a second to process the fact that my best friend and roommate is getting her shit railed in a tent 20 feet away from me before remembering I am not the only occupant of my own. I look over to my right to see Harry wide awake and lying on his back, staring up at the ceiling. His arms crossed over his chest holding his blanket to him, tattoos on display where the sleeves of his t-shirt end.

He turns his head to look at me and perks one eyebrow, clearly holding in a laugh. Once we make eye contact we break into hushed laughter, trying to not make it known to our fellow campers that we are fully aware of their late hour activities. He turns his head and laughs into his shoulder, as if he's trying to hide from the awkward situation. Our laughing fit lasts for a few moments before I'm wiping away tears from my eyes and trying to calm down.

"You know, I really thought they'd give us at least the first night of complete silence." Harry speaks up, his deep voice cutting through the tent.

"Have you met them? I mean, five years and they still go at it like rabbits. You'd think that after all this time living with Carson I'd be used to it."

Harry laughs at my reply, smiling the most I've seen him do so this entire trip so far.

He's got such a nice laugh.

And smile.

And teeth.

Okay, Dallas, you seriously need to calm down—

"Having fun over there?" Harry suddenly calls out, and I have to stifle another laugh.

There's more rustling from the adjacent tent before Niall's voice bellows through the campsite.

"You know it!" He responds, and Carson's distinct giggle follows.

Still laughing I bury my face in my hands, knowing that any Narson sexcapade goes on, and on, and on...

"Well, it's gonna be a few.. hours before they're done if I'm being quite honest." I say in surrender while laying back down and getting comfortable again.

There's a few beats of silence before Harry speaks up again.

"They're perfect for each other, aren't they?" He asks. It's a random question but at least he's talking to me, so I indulge him.