Chapter 20*

"Tell me you trust me, and

Kiss me and hug me, yeah

Well, I would do anything for ya

You just gotta love me"

*This is the second part of a double update! Go back and read 19 if you haven't already!*

Dallas

My heart races.

I can't let him leave.

I remember Carson's words from earlier today when she told me to release all of my worries. After tonight it's clear to me that I want him, in more ways than one. He has opened up to me more than I think he's ever opened up to anyone before. I admire him for that, and I'm grateful that he feels comfortable enough to be so vulnerable around me.

And now I want to be vulnerable with him.

I turn around and swing open the front door, my head flicking back and forth, looking down the hallway for the sight of him. I turn the corner, and spot him looking down at his phone, still waiting for the elevator doors to open.

"Wait!"

In a moment of impulse, I jog down the hallway in my short heels. Harry turns around at the sound of my voice, a surprised look on his face as I make my last approaching steps towards him, bringing my hands to his cheeks and pressing my lips to his again.

"Carson's not home. Out with Niall, she's sleeping over at his." I'm out of breath, muttering against his lips.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm so sure."

He looks over my head, back at the door of my apartment, then back at me as he contemplates my proposal.

"I want you to stay. Please." I beg him.

"Dallas, we don't have to—"

"No, I know. We don't have to." I give him a knowing look.

He looks back to the door again then back at me, giving in.

"Well then, we'd better make the most of it." He says as he hooks his arms under my thighs, and I instinctively wrap my legs around his broad torso as he lifts me up.

My arms connect around his neck as he walks us back down the hallway to my apartment where I had left the door wide open. My arms tighten around his neck, bringing his lips back to mine as he brings us back into the apartment. He shuts the door behind us with one hand, and I'm impressed by his strength as the loss of one arm's support doesn't falter his hold on me at all.

I hear the familiar click of the automatic lock on the front door as our lips meet and disconnect over and over as he blindly navigates the dim hallway, straight to Carson and I's rooms across from each other on their respective sides at the end of the hallway.

"Left." I breathily mutter against his lips, signaling to him which room is mine.

He chuckles against my lips before turning the handle and letting us inside.

His hands return to my body, slipping under the floral fabric of my dress, harshly gripping the curves of my ass. All of the tension that has built up between us ever since that night in the tent is coming to its peak, right here, right now.