Chapter 14

As I closed Cassie's apartment door behind you, you felt like you couldn't breathe again. All that's left now is to hand over my resignation and refer all your patients to my colleagues then I'm off to figure the rest all by myself. Something I forgot what it's like since Brandom came into my life. I was absolutely head over heels for him every step I took, every plan, every dream I had included him; started and ended with him.

So right now, It feels as if I have been blinded. Feels as if I scraped hands and are feeling for the surfaces in the dark as I try to find my footing again. It's hard, feels impossible even. But this is the only way i can live with myself. I have to let him go and let him have a chance at a life that I won't be able to give him.

Taking my car key from my purse I reached the parking lot a couple of blocks away from Cassie's apartment, wiping away tears haphazardly walking past strangers when I hear an all too familiar voice calling out.

"Skyler!!" My eyes widened. How did he know you're here? Clarie wouldn't have told.

Oh. Cassie.

Brandon's lungs were on fire, his muscles were all strained and tense from rushing to Cassie's place but it was all worth it when he was able to catch up with her. When she looked over her shoulder, Brando saw how swollen her eyes were. God, she must have been crying all night. His legs moved him to where she stood, afraid she might run away from him again. She staggered as step back as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I was so fuckin' scared, Sky, I didn't know where to find you." he says breathlessly, his eyes tearing up as her scent and touch flood his senses. "I never should've fucking let you leave." he murmurs, burying his face in her hair, completely oblivious to the onlookers. She tried to get out of his embrace but he wouldn't let her go. The more she tries to push him off, the tighter his hold on her gets. "Brandon you're causing a scene." she says, eyes wildly shooting around you as people who are hearing what's going on. "I don't care." he mutters, chest heaving as he held on tighter.

"Let go of me, please." she whispered. Brandon knew she meant physically but a sob rises in his chest as he interprets it another way.

"No, I don't want to!" he protests, voice breaking. Skyler I'm fuckin' begging you, let's go home." The desperation in his voice was so thick that I had to look away to give him a shred of dignity. I stopped resisting, letting my hands fall to my sides but that made Brandon b more frantic. He drops on his knees, arms going around my middle as he looks up at me. "Baby, please. Let's talk about this."

"I don't want to talk to you, don't you get it? I can't stand you anymore! That's the reason why I left, Brandon!" I yell "I deserve so much better than this."

Brandon's face crumples as he crawls back to me, hands trembling as he holds on to my hips. "You do, baby. You do! Fuck, I'll do anything. Just, give me another chance, Skyler!" his voice becomes hoarse as he calls my name. "Come on, baby. Let's talk about this please! Come home."

He saw the hesitation in her eyes for a second but then she scoffed, turning her gaze away from him, blinking away the tears that had formed in her eyes. Brandon didn't want to mean it but if it's the only way he can get her to spend another fucking minute with him, to talk to him, then he'll say just about anything.

"Just this fucking once, just hear me out and I swear," he swallows the forming lump in his throat. "I swear won't bother you anymore." His voice breaks at the end, losing modulation as hopelessness overtook him. And it almost made her rethink what she's about to say.

Almost.

"I didn't deserve being neglected or made feel like an option." I start to say. "I didn't deserve being ignored or left on read like some side chick.." Now it just pours out of me like word vomit. "I didn't deserve being left to worry because you couldn't pick up your damn phone while you're off god knows where! I was your fiance, Brandon!" I tried to hold back my sobs, but it was becoming too much. "I deserve someone who won't keep me up at night worried sick because you couldn't spare a fucking second to at least let me know you're still alive and a case didnt go wrong and a client snapped! I deserve someone who will never let me second guess my place in their life."

Each thing she said was like a dagger in Brandon's chest. He knows all his shortcomings but hearing it from her, seeing for himself how badly he's hurt her, made him realize how truly undeserving he is of you. She was right, she deserves someone better. You deserve someone who wouldn't hurt her like he did. But he loves you too much to lose you. Brandon shakes his head, hugging her tight, sobbing aloud. He couldn't care less if there are people watching him feeling bad for him. If he had to humiliate himself to get her back, then so fucking be it.

"Skyler, please. Just give me another chance." he cries, holding onto her so tight that it starts to hurt. Her jaw clenches as she tries so hard to hold her ground.

"I can't." she murmured, "I just," swallowing hard she pried his hands off of she as she met his gaze.

"I don't love you anymore."

Brandon's hands dropped at his sides as he stared at her in disbelief. It was like someone had pieced a hole through his chest. Her figure starts to blur as she walks away from him, tears impairing his sight.

Getting in her car before he could fully recover. The car tire screeching as she drove out the lot, honking at the nosy onlookers that heard the whole ordeal.

My brows furrowed as I stared at the rear view mirror. Brandon hadn't moved from the ground, his head hung low.

That look on his face told me he believed every word I said.

He once told me I couldn't lie to save my life..

Who's the bad liar now? 

Hello im temperally  back from my exams and mental health to